lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-19-2011, 11:20 AM   #1
woloszyk
Not Yet Wild

Default acceleration unsafe

My cart has a non programable NTX 300 controler, Along with a Heavy Duty selinod. the problem is the cart only goes top speed out of the gate, no matter light I touch the pedal. What do I need to replace to make the cart accelerate normal? Is this common?

The cart is a 93 ezgo electric.
woloszyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-19-2011, 11:51 AM   #2
fishb8
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: acceleration unsafe

Doesn't the '93 have a POTs? if so that would be my guess. check the POTs with ohm meter.
fishb8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 12:12 PM   #3
woloszyk
Not Yet Wild

Can you explane POTs
Old 09-19-2011, 12:28 PM   #4
fishb8
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

potentiometer. I dont have a good picture of one but this is the best I can do for now

At the bottom of the picture in the middle. The thing with the 2 bolts on top is the solenoid. directly across from it is the POTs.
fishb8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 01:31 PM   #5
BLakeside
Gone Wild

You wrote NTX 300 did you mean Alltrax NPX 300? The pot (potentiometer) is a variable resister connected to the go pedal, that tells the controller how much amperage to allow to the motor. The NPX controller can use 0 to 5K ohms or 5K to 0 ohms (IE 0 ohms at slow up to 5 ohms at pedal on the floor). The first thing to check is do you have the pot wires reversed (or wrong setting on controller). Check the Alltrex web site for wiring diags. Also double and triple Check Battery/controller/motor cables.

Last edited by BLakeside; 09-19-2011 at 02:27 PM.. Reason: 5 ohms should have been 5k or 5000 ohms
BLakeside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 05:54 PM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

IT is a mis match problem. Since the controller is non programmable the threottle input is set in production and the unit is clearly marked on the out side NPX ITS or 0-5k or 5k-0 .... How is your NPX marked?

Your cart is 0-5k, if the control is marked anything other than 0-5k throttle, then that is the problem . Lets clear this up before we go any further
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 04:33 PM   #7
woloszyk
Not Yet Wild

0-5k is what it is, and I pulled the pots and it was reading very low all the way to 5.39 when pedal would be on the floor. any suggestions?
Old 09-21-2011, 04:41 PM   #8
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

The controller says 0-5k and the potentiometer reads 0-5k? Is that what you are saying?

Can you post a pic of the controller and the connections?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO