lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-02-2011, 06:46 PM   #11
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Default Re: stereo amp mounting ideas

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirJunky View Post
We don't even use marine stuff on the boat any more. They don't last much (if any) longer & the selection is way less. I like the idea of mounting it in the bagwell, under the seat, maybe protected with some kind of surround.... but then you might have heat issues.
Sounds good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirJunky View Post
What about doing an overhead console & having the amp & deck in that?

I just have a 25 watt deck in mine & call it good.
I have a 50 watt JVC headset and two Infinity speakers in an overhead console, and the weight has caused the roof to sag nearly two inches in the worst place. Not enough room and too much weight for an overhead amp, in my opinion.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 08.jpg (174.9 KB, 6 views)
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-02-2011, 07:04 PM   #12
Andy4639
48/400/Alltrax HS motor

E-Z-GO

Wink Re: stereo amp mounting ideas

I have never seen a overhead that I liked well enough to install on any of my carts. They are not very strong either. The will sag after awhile also. If you don't use some kind of support for them. They vibrate to much for me also! This is my personal opinion on them so take it for what it's worth.
Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 08:44 PM   #13
AirJunky
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I like that console. Sounds like you guys have a good excuse to get rid of the lame top on the cart. Mine isn't gonna sag. I load a 45 lb paddleboard on it & it doesn't sag.
AirJunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 03:40 AM   #14
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy4639 View Post
I have never seen a overhead that I liked well enough to install on any of my carts. They are not very strong either. The will sag after awhile also. If you don't use some kind of support for them. They vibrate to much for me also! This is my personal opinion on them so take it for what it's worth.
I've had mine for over two years and it seems plenty strong. Mine doesn't sag, but my roof did, so I'm reinforcing the roof. It doesn't vibrate at all, 'cause I lined it with 1/2" self adhesive felt. I treated it like a speaker enclosure.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 01.jpg (161.9 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg 02.jpg (174.2 KB, 8 views)
Old 12-03-2011, 08:09 AM   #15
Andy4639
48/400/Alltrax HS motor

E-Z-GO

Wink Re: stereo amp mounting ideas

Quote:
Originally Posted by yurtle View Post
I've had mine for over two years and it seems plenty strong. Mine doesn't sag, but my roof did, so I'm reinforcing the roof. It doesn't vibrate at all, 'cause I lined it with 1/2" self adhesive felt. I treated it like a speaker enclosure.

Good job on the overhead. Most wouldn't mess with it. That's why I don't like them. Mine sit's in the hot sun during the day at the beach all day sometimes and I have seen the enclosure it self sag not the roof. With only 4 screws holding it to the roof support it isn't strong enough and the heat + weight of the components make it sag away from the roof.
Old 12-03-2011, 09:00 AM   #16
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy4639 View Post

Good job on the overhead. Most wouldn't mess with it. That's why I don't like them. Mine sit's in the hot sun during the day at the beach all day sometimes and I have seen the enclosure it self sag not the roof. With only 4 screws holding it to the roof support it isn't strong enough and the heat + weight of the components make it sag away from the roof.
Mine's held up well, even when I flipped it.

If I had to do it over, I'd have mounted it in the dash, with no roof and a sports windshield.

In any event, back to the original question, I think we all agree roof mounting the amp is probably not practical. Personally, I'd stick with mounting under the rear seat, but that may depend on where the speakers will be mounted. I'd like to put a sub in the bag-well, so rear mounting would be ideal for that. If the speakers are to be mounted up front, and it will fit, mounting it under the charger receptacle would also be fine. Given that I've been known to drive in water that's over the floorboard, the higher the better. It would probably get more airflow under the rear seat.
Old 12-03-2011, 11:22 AM   #17
Andy4639
48/400/Alltrax HS motor

E-Z-GO

Question Re: stereo amp mounting ideas

Depending on how you use the cart you could also use the amp as the motor cover instead of the black plastic. Mount it on the underside of the front seat with quick disconnects for the wiring.
Old 12-03-2011, 11:29 AM   #18
RicksRam
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks guys for all the great ideas!!! ill let you know how it turns out and try to post some pictures.
RicksRam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 01:27 PM   #19
Spawn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

So here is an idea. Get the amp you want then go find a tupperware container it will fit in. Mount it upside down and if there is water in the forcast you pop on the lid to seal it.
Of course you would caulk the holes where the wires come out the side and around where you screw it in to the seat bottom.
Spawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO