lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-12-2012, 10:41 PM   #1
MI,REDNECK
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Question Poor throttle response

Hey guys, I'm having trouble with the throttle on my G9. The governor is bypassed, and when depressing the pedal the cart bogs down pretty bad. If I pull the choke out all the way, she runs like a raped ape! The problem with this is, I don't have a free hand for my beer Please help
MI,REDNECK is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-12-2012, 11:51 PM   #2
sontag1
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Poor throttle response

Your crank seals might be going bad.

This is from SHO35:

Usually you can look behind the flywheel and behind the clutch and see oil leaking out the crank....that is bad seals. Note a 2 stroke the intake air (air and fuel actually) goes into the crank, the piston comes down and pushes the air up the transfer ports into the cylinder, the piston closes the ports to get compression while sucking the next cycle of air into the crank. This is how the bad seals mess things up, they can change the air/fuel mixture as well as leak compression out of the crank area. This does not mean you have bad rings, though if they are not fresh I would do them anyway because worn rings have a much larger effect on power than in a 4 stroke, a 2 stroke will only have max power with a new bore and rings. Usually bad seals starts as needing choke to get it started and poor running at low rpm. Also check for any leak at the intake area, make sure the reeds are closing.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-y...tting-old.html

I hope this helps you.
sontag1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 01:56 AM   #3
MI,REDNECK
Getting Wild
Yamaha

This is a four stroke engine.
Old 05-13-2012, 06:43 AM   #4
sontag1
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Well, forget everything I just said.

I had been working on my 2-stroke most of the afternoon, and I had 2-strokeitus.
sontag1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 08:17 AM   #5
LURCH
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Have you taken the carb apart and cleaned all the jets out and then adj. to spec's. Also check all the lines, fuel, vacum and so on. Just a thought.
LURCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 10:14 AM   #6
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

If your running the stock air box, try disconnecting the hose at the carb (just fold it out of the way) and see if the car runs better. If it does, you have an airbox sealing problem. Could be the rubber straps or lid seal are bad. I've also seen aftermarket air filters be alittle to tall, not alowing the lid to seal correctly. It's worth a try.
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 10:17 AM   #7
Newbylee
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by MI,REDNECK View Post
Hey guys, I'm having trouble with the throttle on my G9. The governor is bypassed, and when depressing the pedal the cart bogs down pretty bad. If I pull the choke out all the way, she runs like a raped ape! The problem with this is, I don't have a free hand for my beer Please help
I feel your pain redneck. You certainally are living up to your name It does sound like a fuel issue since choking the air intake helps. Has it been sitting long? If so I would start by replacing the gas,cleaning carb and fuel and pulse lines like lurch suggested. Also check that your throttle linkage is working properly
Newbylee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 08:38 PM   #8
MI,REDNECK
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Wink Re: Poor throttle response

Thanks for all the good ideas guys. I pulled the air filter out of the box and it ran flat out without choking it(not the chicken either). I don't want to run without a filter, because I'm pretty much a woods/two track rider "red neck style".
I havent messed with the jets, and don't have a manual. Can someone tell me what the stock jet is, and what most of you guys with the 23's are running to get some more speed? It seems to be running higher RPM's now. I don't have a tach either.
As soon as if figure it out, I'll post some picks of the brush guard/deer hauler I just built. It's big and Sweeeeet!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha