lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-22-2012, 09:36 AM   #11
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: EZGO and CURTIS are on my $&^T list today

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiltz View Post
This has a lot to do with law suits.
You're almost hitting the nail on the head, but not quite.
I don't remember the exact names at the moment, but there are consumer protection laws that require Manufacturers to supply service information to customers, but there are some big loopholes in the laws.

1. The service information does not have to be comprehensive, extensive or accurate. Nor does proprietary information need to be released. And while catch phrases like "No user serviceable components inside" might not stand up to a legal challenge, it would be an expensive way to get service info.
2. Manufactures do not have to supply their customers any information on portions of their products they do not manufacture. (Assemblies and sub-assemblies rather than discrete components)

In this case, Curtis must supply info to EZGO, but EZGO has no legal requirement to forward that info to their cart customers. And not being a Curtis customer, Curtis is not legally obligated to supply any info to purchasers of EZGO carts.

With manufacturers outsourcing the assemblies they put in there finished products more and more these days, it is getting harder and harder to get service information on anything.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-22-2012, 10:09 AM   #12
TheWiltz
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

i was going more for the John Doe hot rods his cart, making it go faster but doesnt upgrade his brakes to compensate for the extra speed. Then he sues ezgo because he crashed. My uncle was an attorney for walmart and they would get sued all the time for people taking things apart, getting hurt, then sueing warlmart...
TheWiltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 03:30 PM   #13
sonicj
Gone Wild

Club Car

greed.
sonicj is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO