lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-26-2012, 01:29 PM   #11
dukehbg
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 94 DS Club Car Rear End Oil Change

Lockman THANK YOU... Mine is a 1990 with a FE290 motor in it so I assume its the Transaxle like you showed the pictures..??? Now I am looking for high speed gears and everyone says things like passenger side gear driver side gear? kawasaki axle stuff like that.. can you help with this?
dukehbg is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-27-2012, 07:58 AM   #12
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

I don't really know that much about the older transaxles, but, just enough to be dangerous!
I tried to do a little research for you... Club Car used 2/3 different transaxles pre-96,
the most used was the Kawasaki transaxle in gas carts,
But, CC used Kawasaki AND 2 and 3 part Graziano transaxles in electric carts (according to my CC dealers website)
I have yet to see a Graziano transaxle in a gas cart... anything is possible though!

If I remember correctly... (don't quote me on this)
The only way to tell the difference between the two brands (without being really familiar with both of them)
Is the direction of the bolts that hold the two halves of the transaxle together!
If the bolts enter on the drivers side, it's a Kawasaki transaxle, (2'nd pic I posted)
If the bolts enter on the passenger side, it's a Graziano transaxle!

Again... I'm not even 80% sure this is correct, only because I have never seen a Graziano transaxle on a gas cart to compare the two!

My only suggestion is to call whatever supplier you plan on buying them from,
and get their insight on how you can correctly identify your transaxle for what gears you need!
(unless someone here at BGW chimes in first!)

lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 08:03 AM   #13
dukehbg
Not Yet Wild

Lockman thank you for that info... I am assuming it looks more like to me... the pic you posted...But i was speaking to some one who said they used the Grazi in it.. but Iv read around that Kawasaki was mostly in that era... If else has an Idea please let me know.. but LOCKMAN thank you very much for the info I wanna get high speed gears so gotta make sure its that..im told..
Old 12-27-2012, 08:17 AM   #14
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

All I really know is my CC dealers website does NOT show any high speed gears for gas carts with a Graziano transaxle!
but, he could have discontinued them for lack of supply and demand!

I wish I could help more!
lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 08:21 AM   #15
dukehbg
Not Yet Wild

Yes I have not either but I think but cant find the pic in my phone that my bolts are like yours and enter the drivers side which would put mine to be a kawasaki so I will confirm tonite when Im working on it..
Old 12-27-2012, 08:39 AM   #16
dukehbg
Not Yet Wild

it wont let me upload the picture i have to show you... which is not the best anyway.. but shows drivers side and bolts..
Old 08-15-2021, 11:45 AM   #17
BuddysDad
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

New to the site. Just changed the rear upper/lower fluid. I didn’t see any washer on the lower unit fill and drain plugs. Should there be? Thanks
BuddysDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car