lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-30-2012, 05:50 PM   #1
lwvcartdude
Not Yet Wild

Default 08 Precedent, original 12V batteries, 1/2 are bad

Have a 2008 Precedent, and I like the cart a lot, but the original Trojan 12V batteries are strange. Two of them test out at about 70% charged and the other two basically have 4 or more dead cells each. I still get around great for errands but that darn yellow warning light keeps comes on sporadically and then goes off and I am afraid to try 18 holes with it. I was told that charging the two bad batteries for 5 days at 2 amps might bring them back a little and it did but only to about 25% of capacity. I'd like to just replace the two weak batteries with batteries equally as strong as the better ones. What do you all think? I read some Club Car stuff that said these carts would go 65 miles when new with new batteries. Is that true? Thanks in advance.
lwvcartdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-30-2012, 06:22 PM   #2
erict
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 08 Precedent, original 12V batteries, 1/2 are bad

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwvcartdude View Post
Have a 2008 Precedent, and I like the cart a lot, but the original Trojan 12V batteries are strange. Two of them test out at about 70% charged and the other two basically have 4 or more dead cells each. I still get around great for errands but that darn yellow warning light keeps comes on sporadically and then goes off and I am afraid to try 18 holes with it. I was told that charging the two bad batteries for 5 days at 2 amps might bring them back a little and it did but only to about 25% of capacity. I'd like to just replace the two weak batteries with batteries equally as strong as the better ones. What do you all think? I read some Club Car stuff that said these carts would go 65 miles when new with new batteries. Is that true? Thanks in advance.
If two show 70% state of charge after charging and the other two are shot, then I would replace the whole pack. I think an average of 20-25 miles on a charge and flat terrain.

Your cart may have the bucket provision already installed to install (6) 8v batteries instead of (4) 12v batteries.
erict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 07:51 PM   #3
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

if you replace only 2 of them the older 2 will drag the newer ones down way before their time..............................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 09:01 AM   #4
Down South
Growing In Grace

Club Car

You might want to try to find couple used batteries from a cart dealer that are still good if you are wanting to put off buying a whole new set.
Down South is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
08 precedent, 65 mile range?, weak 12v batteries
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car