lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-19-2012, 03:57 PM   #1
bassmanbutch
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default key switch for club car

I have a 07 and a 04 club car, at the lake where these carts are is a lot of other club cars. I drive my cart to the marina and then get on my boat and go out on the water for hours at a time. I have come back to my cart only to have had someone else move it to the otherside of the parking lot. Question is can I get another switch for both carts keyed alike and where should I look for this switch? Thanks in advanced Butch
bassmanbutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-19-2012, 05:38 PM   #2
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Default Re: key switch for club car

Have you considered a hidden kill switch in the keyswitch circuit? Spend a couple bucks on each cart and no one can drive away even with a matching key.
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 06:27 AM   #3
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

To combat this situation, I changed out my CC key switch with a Harley barrel lock key switch . . . cost is about $20 . . one similar to this, but mine has LOCK-OFF-ON positions (2 wire):

Harley Barrel Lock Key Switch
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 07:15 AM   #4
El Camino
Gone Wild
Club Car

A hidden kill switch, a barrel lock key switch, and a tire/wheel lock. Lets see them move it now!!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Golf-Cart-pa...#ht_3582wt_982
El Camino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 07:41 AM   #5
Fishing Dude
Gone Wild

Club Car

You just need to buy a set of 2 post switches with on off, and have them keyed alike then install. Check local lock shop.
Fishing Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 10:18 AM   #6
delagem
Gone Wild

Club Car

Perhaps there is another approach?

Why do you suppose they are moving your cart? Someone playing a joke? Kids joyriding? Or perhaps they are trying to help you?

Where I park my truck/trailer at the boat launch, I routinely see friggin' idiots in minivans taking up the 40' long truck/trailer spaces, while the normal car spaces sit open.

If I had the ability to move their car safely, instead of parking my rig in the municipal lot a half mile away, I would.

And if the offending vehicle turned out to be a golf cart, that I couldn't move because they were "clever" and used a different key, well, the urge to give that thing a push right down the boat launch ramp and into the water might be pretty strong......

(edit: I'm not saying you're doing anything wrong. But maybe understanding their motivation could help with finding a solution?)
delagem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 11:56 AM   #7
bassmanbutch
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thanks for the replys, a hidden kill switch is a good idea and the harley switch is also a good idea. I knew you folks would help me out. I only park off the main parking lot where all the carts park, it's not just me that is having this problem. We think it's kids playing games and every now and then they put one in the water, hasen't happen to me and trying to be sure it doesn't.
bassmanbutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 07:19 PM   #8
PawBear
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

there should be a guard watching out for your cart or someone watching at the marina if someone does move your cart.
PawBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car