lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-09-2012, 02:36 PM   #1
Dela
EZ come EZ go

Club Car

Default I know it's simple, but.... can anyone help with connecting a License Plate light?

Have the bracket on - light has two wires, standard black and white. Need this to light when I turn key to lights on position.

Can I connect straight to one of the rear lights? Have to wire to fuse panel?

Dela is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-09-2012, 03:22 PM   #2
d-angelo
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: I know it's simple, but.... can anyone help with connecting a License Plate light

you should be able to run right from the rear running lights. if you have actual brake activated brake lights, make sure you are using the running light wires, otherwise, your license plate light will only light up when you push the brakes.
d-angelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 03:24 PM   #3
simple man
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: I know it's simple, but.... can anyone help with connecting a License Plate light

If your rear lights are 12V and the tag light is 12V no problem!
simple man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 12:35 PM   #4
Dela
EZ come EZ go

Club Car

I need a Staples "EASY" button, 'cause even with this... I get stuck.

Two fregin wires... bang head.

I have it connected now but the light only turns on when I turn on my hazards, and then of course - blinks with hazards. Attached how I hooked it. Please

OffTwice - if you're out there, I don't know how the hell you work with all those wires... Must be on the medical marijuana to stay calm.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20121110_123101.jpg (98.6 KB, 0 views)
Dela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 12:51 PM   #5
simple man
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

One wire will go to the common ground, the other to the running part of the tail lamps. Make sure the license lamp does not ground through it's housing also. If it does you will have to mount it to a piece of plastic to insulate it. You can try it with your lights on to see which leads it needs to be connected to.
simple man is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO