lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-11-2013, 01:19 PM   #1
comet424
Not Yet Wild

Default 1990 Wire Diagram Marathon Search

hi I posted but someone deleted my post I guessing cuz I posted the diagram off your own website but here I post it again

I did the search on the ezgo website with my serial number and got this, but it shows on the identity plate its Textron

Model: Marathon
Type: Electric
Sub Model: Electric 4-wheel Marathon
Year: 1990

I contacted ez-go but they wont help me, they tell me goto a dealer and that I need special training to work on these
I got this cart for free but its missing the major of the wires for the batteries and id like to know which wiring is right like a good drawing not what I seen where some wires covered up and you don't know exactly
also I don't have 6 golf cart batteries to test this will it work on 12 volts? whats the voltage range for these as I have 2 golf cart batteries if it can be tested

but a decent diagram would be great.

and they wont even give me a diagram they basically make you buy the book

so from the diagrams its the first one it looks like it but not really and the relay for it is hidden so I looking for an exact wiring diagram for this model
and also how can u test the converter and the motor without 37 volts or knowing the exact wiring
comet424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-11-2013, 03:38 PM   #2
comet424
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 1990 Wire Diagram Marathon Search

here as some pics I just took the 2 golf cart batteries is what I had I I just put in but you can see the missing wires and I wanna know if I can test the motor or the converter without electricity and where exactly the wires go since they aren't labeled A+ B+ M+ etc
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20130411_162830.jpg (196.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20130411_162815.jpg (212.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20130411_162801.jpg (221.0 KB, 0 views)
Old 04-11-2013, 05:20 PM   #3
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Looks like a Curtis 1204 controller. Here is a drawing showing the labels for the terminals.

Here is a schematic for a 1990 Marathon with a speed controller.

The "Relay" (typically referred to as a solenoid ib golf cart circles) is the black round think with two large and two small terminals on top.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Curtis 1204 controller.JPG (58.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Marathon - Controller Schematic.jpg (121.1 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 07:58 AM   #4
comet424
Not Yet Wild

ok that is great thanks now couple questions

how do I know on the motor what side is S1 S2 and A1 A2

also this doesn't have a potentiometer whats that for? do you need it
and what is the MS-3
Old 04-12-2013, 08:31 AM   #5
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Post a picture of motor showing the four studs.

The 0-5k potentiometer is the throttle. When you push the pedal, the mechanical linkage turns the potentiometer's shaft.

MS-3 is the pedal microswitch. When the pedal is pushed, the lever arm pushing against switch button moves, allowing NC contacts to close, which in turn energizes the solenoid.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20130411_162801 -edit.JPG (224.5 KB, 0 views)
Old 04-26-2013, 11:53 AM   #6
comet424
Not Yet Wild

ok 1 I wish I knew if this site offers a setting that when you reply it emails me to say someone replied to this thread I didn't know you replied

I see u pointed them out I do notice a couple wires like 20 gauge wires cut off from the forward reverse switch what they be fore?

Ill try to take a pic of the motor bt is there a way to test this the DC converter or the motor without hooking up the batterys

and what size of nuts are those on the forward reverse poles and the solinode as they don't have them on there

also the one pic said the Plug diode to motor what diode is that that's for the A2 I think
Old 04-26-2013, 11:55 AM   #7
comet424
Not Yet Wild

I hoping things are good or id convert it to gas or something
Old 04-26-2013, 05:18 PM   #8
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by comet424 View Post
1. ok 1 I wish I knew if this site offers a setting that when you reply it emails me to say someone replied to this thread I didn't know you replied

2. I see u pointed them out I do notice a couple wires like 20 gauge wires cut off from the forward reverse switch what they be fore?

3. Ill try to take a pic of the motor bt is there a way to test this the DC converter or the motor without hooking up the batterys

4. and what size of nuts are those on the forward reverse poles and the solinode as they don't have them on there

5. also the one pic said the Plug diode to motor what diode is that that's for the A2 I think
1. There are two ways to subscribe to threads.
a. Go to the first menu bar above where you are now reading and towards the right side, there is a selection labeled "Thread Tools". You can subscribe to the thread you are currently reading on the menu that drops down.
b. Reply to a post by clicking the "post Reply" button at botton left, or by clicking the "Quote" at the bottom right of the post, or clinking on the "Go Advanced" below the Quik Reply window below. When you get to the fully feature text entry window, scroll down below the "Additional Options" and you will find a "Thread Notification" option. From the drop down menu, you can select various notification options that apply to all threads you post or reply to.

2. There are three microswitches on the F/R assembly. One is party of the solenoid activation circuit, one turns on the beeper when in reverse and the other changes the throttle from 0-5K into 0-2.5K for half speed reverse.
The schematic I posted has the wire colors on it.

3. I suspect you are referring to the controller when you say "DC Converter" and the answer is NO for the controller and only partially for the motor. (Continuity test for windings)

4. I don't know the size, but I'm pretty sure the are Stainless Steel. (Corrosive atmosphere in battery compartment)

5. If an electric cart with a series wound motor is switched into into reverse while traveling forward, the motor locks up and the passenger is launched over the dashboard while the driver is impaled on the steering column. Plug braking slows the cart to a stop more gradually. The Plug Brake Diode is located inside the controller.
Old 04-26-2013, 06:52 PM   #9
comet424
Not Yet Wild

1. oh ok ill check that out after.

2nd ah ok ill have to look Im sure the wires are ripped off something lol but ill print off schematic

3. so hopefully one of these things is working as Im sure they wouldn't taken all the wiring off it it was working lol and might be cheaper to convert to gas minus u cant do reverse easily lol

ah ok and what is the size of wire you guys use for it is it 4gauge wiring?

5. oh so I don't need to worry about this plug diode then cuz from the schematic it basically shows it jumpes from one terminal to the next terminal on the controller that's why I was wondering if I needed to get it

I see there is a diode on the solinode whats that one for?
Old 04-26-2013, 06:53 PM   #10
comet424
Not Yet Wild

adding the instant email notifcation
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO