lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-03-2013, 10:47 AM   #1
sowilliams
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Rebuilding 94/95 EZ Go

I have both a 94 and 95 EZGo. I am trying to build one cart from the two. they appear to be exactly the same other than the 94 has a metal body and the 95 has plastic. Please give me any info and suggestions you can. Neither has a tow switch. The direction control is below the seat. DCS or PDS? The 94 has a 5.1 hp motor with Alltrax 300 amp controller which i plan to use. Is that adiquate to run larger off road tires? I've torn both down to the bare frame. I don't know enough right now to know all i should be asking so all info will be appreciated. Thanks!
sowilliams is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-03-2013, 10:56 AM   #2
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Rebuilding 94/95 EZ Go

sowilliams, what you have is a SERIES cart, as far as the tires you would like to run, just how big do you want to go? 22", 23", more? how do you intend to use it? actually off-road? where you are at or where you will be using it, is it flat? Hilly? this is the type of info we would need to make an educated guess.

oh and btw...... CONGRATS on your rides and Welcome to our happy little corner of the net, and to BGW. There is a BIG fridge on the back porch with anything you can think of in it...help yourself...of course only take what you can LEGALLY have. Make yourself at home on one of the big fluffy couches, kick your shoes off, put your feet up on one of the tables, yes we are allowed to do that, mom's, dad's, wive's, husband's, girlfriend's and boyfriend's here don't care....and take it easy.

oh...btw....every once in a while a food fight breaks out...so you may not want to wear nice clothes here.

Welcome!!
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 11:17 AM   #3
sowilliams
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I'm just thinking 20 inch tires. Will be used off road (hunting) with some pretty good hills. I'm in the foothills of SC so not mountainous but hilly. I'm not looking for alot of speed, mainly torque. BTW, the Alltrax is programable. I haven't fooled with it yet, can it be programed for torque?
Old 09-03-2013, 11:48 AM   #4
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

actually, stock cart wheels are 18.5" tall, going up to 20's won't make a lot of difference, but it will make some. and what it will do is, it will take a little more power/torque to actually turn them. as far as programming the torque? not really, you can change how fast the power gets to the motor, but the torque/speed is a function of the number of amps applied to your motor. now, can you change out your motor to one what will make more torque.......
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 10:18 AM   #5
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

A 20" tire height will cost you about 10% in torque, but the stock controller was 275A and the 300A Alltrax controller will up the torque by almost 10%, so you'll have roughly the same amount of torque a completely stock 36V series cart would have.

The cart probably has 6Ga high current cables and a 85A solenoid, so the cables should be upgraded to at least 4Ga (all 13 of them) and the solenoid to 200A.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 02:22 PM   #6
sowilliams
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

thanks, didn't see your reply until i posted a question about my solenoid. I have ordered 4ga wires but don't know about the solenoid. White Rodgers #70-720224 Says 2 coil on it.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO