lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-04-2013, 04:18 AM   #1
Jerj7907
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default It finally happened to me

So my wife takes our RXV out with a cart load of kids and I get phone call about 30 minutes later that she was just simply diving it down the road at a medium speed and all the sudden it felt like the brakes were being applied. She had enough time to get it off the street before it stopped, then nothing. I am able to put it into tow mode and with the key in N it can be pushed so the brakes are not 100% locked up. Any suggestions before I load it and pay the local cart dealer to diagnose it. I got it home and charged the batteries an also disconnected the power to reset the controller with no luck. It sounds like it makes the normal beeps(checks) when you turn the key on. Thanks in advance for any input, Jeremy
Jerj7907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-04-2013, 12:49 PM   #2
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Default Re: It finally happened to me

Geeez, I am not an EZGO guy, but from what I have seen on here, the pre-2010 RXVs have had major brake problems...
I really wouldn't know what else to do, other than take it to a dealer.
I would think that there has to be a recall???
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO