lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-24-2013, 07:44 PM   #31
Jerj7907
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Considering 2008 RXV

Look forward to seeing some pics as you customize it. You won't be disappointed just know that like all things it will need the brake replaced but do some shopping and you should find them for around $170. You can see with all the pics they look nice. I seen afairweather posted a nice pic of his newly built RXV, Who's house is in the back drop? Oh yeah mine lol. They are contagious and he proved that. Just remember if you ride in a group stay in the back too avoid leaving everyone else behind. Just curious what you plan on doing in the future: lift kit, wheels, lights, etc?
Jerj7907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-25-2013, 09:39 AM   #32
grhopper
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

First thing I need to do is get all of the golf course stickers off. Not sure why, but on the side it's number 18, but on the back of the roof it is number 101. Also have the course name and logo on the front. It didn't come with a windshield, and my wife already asked about adding one, so that will be the first addition. After that will be lights and probably radio. Lift kit and wheels will probably wait till the end. Hopefully the current set of batteries will last another 3 years, then I'll convert to a 6x8 pack.

On the subject of lift kit, most of what I see on ebay are the spindle lift kind, and only a couple are A-Arm. I was under the impression that the a-arm was better. The cart will mostly be used for street/neighborhood driving, and possibly some actual golf course use (1 or 2 times a year). Which lift kit would be better?
grhopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 04:35 PM   #33
Jerj7907
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

The A-Arm are nicer but as you have probably noticed that will only get you a 4" lift. Spindles give you a 6". The nice lift I like is the All Sport long travel but it costs $900 and I have a tough time justifying that much.
Old 10-27-2013, 10:17 AM   #34
grhopper
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

What about this lift kit?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lift-Kit-6-A...item461346d8af
Old 10-27-2013, 07:27 PM   #35
Jerj7907
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I seen that lift as well on Ebay. I know Madjax makes lots of after market parts lights, rear seats and so forth. I have never talked or seen anyone who had that lift kit. I assumed there is a reason it is so cheap and I have looked up that exact kit and only seen small complaints like squeaks and so forth. Since you brought it up it might be worth posting it on the lifted carts section and see what people think about it. Like I said it caught my attention and I have a RXV project cart so I am curious definitely let us know if you find something and if you don't want to post a question on lifted carts section I will just let me know I don't want to do a double post.
Old 10-27-2013, 07:38 PM   #36
grhopper
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

thanks, I'll see what they have to say over there. Is it possible to do that lift and keep the stock tires? I'm just trying to spread out the cost of upgrades as much as possible.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO