lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-21-2013, 07:07 AM   #1
surfdog
Gone Wild

Default which club car

Hi all, can anyone tell me what 48 volt club cars are suitable for a street cart. I looked at one awhile back but was told that particular model was limited in what you could do to it. I'm looking to get an electric that can go at least twenty or better, and do well on hilly terrain. Any advice would be appreciated.
surfdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-21-2013, 07:56 AM   #2
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Default Re: which club car

Both the DS and Precedent are great carts. To achieve speeds greater than 20 mph and more torque, you will need to upgrade motor and controller...
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 01:29 PM   #3
jjance
Gone Wild

Club Car

I've got a street legal Club Car Precedent. Modified with the Plumquick Bandit motor upgrade to get into the 20-25mph range. If you have a lot of hilly terrain I would recommend you see if you can get one with the 5hp motor. (standard is 3.3) otherwise it slows down to about 15mph on hills.
jjance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 07:03 AM   #4
RPatten
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjance View Post
I've got a street legal Club Car Precedent. Modified with the Plumquick Bandit motor upgrade to get into the 20-25mph range. If you have a lot of hilly terrain I would recommend you see if you can get one with the 5hp motor. (standard is 3.3) otherwise it slows down to about 15mph on hills.
This is where I have a question. If you upgrade to a 5hp engine and the necessary controller, doesn't that use more power for less range?

What do you do to maintain range? Assume the batteries are good.
RPatten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 07:46 AM   #5
jjance
Gone Wild

Club Car

Yes there is always tradeoffs. Range or power. My longest trip so far is 10mi. CC claims you can get 30. If you can I would get the motor upgrade upfront. Here is another thought. You will probably be more limited on a longer trip by the speed limit unless you know all the back roads. In that case I use the gas car.
Old 10-23-2013, 08:26 AM   #6
RPatten
Gone Wild
Club Car

30 MILES???

Someone is blowing smoke. The batteries would be beyond dead wouldn't they? Or rather damaged toward future use and charges. Am I not right?
Old 10-23-2013, 08:51 AM   #7
jjance
Gone Wild

Club Car

From the Club Car web site

Villager 2 LSV

Overview
Features
Options
Specs
Downloads
Images
Videos

Click on the product to view its features.

- Villager 2 LSV

Rustproof Aircraft Grade Aluminum Frame
Industry's Best 2-year Limited Warranty
Impact-resistant body with UV protective coating
Independent front suspension with leaf spring and dual hydraulic shocks
20 - 30 mile range on a single charge
2-passenger canopy, 3-point front seat belts
Center and driver side mirrors
Dual beverage/radio holders
4-wheel mechanical drum brakes
Automotive safety glass windshield with wiper
Automotive lighting package including headlights, LED taillights, turn signals, reverse lights center high mount stop light and horn
Illuminated rear license plate holder
Premium tread tires with wheel covers
Automotive-style comfort grip steering wheel

Return to Street-Legal LSV listing
facebook logo youtube logo

our company
contact us
safety info
club car pavilion
privacy/legal
site map

© Copyright 2009. All images owned exclusively by Club Car, LLC;
such images (and all other information displayed herein) may not be copied or used by others.
All rights reserved.
testss
Old 10-23-2013, 09:33 AM   #8
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

They do not specify how far you have discharged your batteries at the end of the range. My guess is that you would not get very long battery life if you went 20-30 miles per charge. Yes it might go that far but you may discharge your batteries below the recommended 50% capacity point. If I were to need that kind of range I would buy a Gas powered cart.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 11:07 AM   #9
RPatten
Gone Wild
Club Car

It sure as heck says that. Must be down hill all the way. I went to the website fully expecting to see a 96 volt setup or even greater.

Now I think there is smoke and mirrors.
Old 10-23-2013, 03:31 PM   #10
jjance
Gone Wild

Club Car

That rule to never discharge a battery below 50% SOC is just one manufactures opinion. Here is another one from Curtis the maker of motor controllers. Of course I wouldn't want to discharge my batteries this far. Just another opinion

"Damage to a battery and/or a truck caused by deep discharge is the result of failure to detect the 80% discharge point of the battery and its continued use. In the case of component failure, inadequate maintenance is often at fault.

The use of a reliable, accurate and repeatable "fuel" gage on the truck will always prevent both battery and truck damage because the "fuel" gage will always detect the 80% recommended discharge limit. A properly designed "fuel" gage with a lift lockout will actually prevent the driver from working the truck past this limit and will force him to return for battery charging.

To get the most out of traction batteries, every truck should be equipped with a reliable, accurate, repeatable "fuel" gage and controller; operating procedures should be arranged so that batteries are placed on charge only when 80% discharged; chargers should be maintained in good operating condition; and a regular routine of inspection and preventive maintenance should be followed. To do less is to waste energy, time, and money. "

Tags
models of club car
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car