lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-31-2014, 10:29 AM   #1
jacksdad3
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Exclamation Neophyte Begins His Journey

Just registered today. Last summer, the Boss and I parked our trailer up at the Bluffs of the Danforth Bay RV Resort. It had been sitting, idle in our yard for over a year, attracting mice. Either use it or lose it.

What we noticed was the raft of golf carts flitting here and there, while we needed to fire-up the F150 to go anywhere. The golf cart became and nice to have in the future.

Well, da future has a way of sneaking up on you. We are embarked on a journey to our first golf cart, but not via the showroom! After looking on Craigslist, I stumbled across a retired gentleman who rebuilds them, and he is looking for a rebuildable gasser for us. Budget is a shoestring, and I want to learn how to do it as well.

So, now we are waiting for him to find us a likely candidate for him to rebuild. Then, we (I) will trick it out. I have a bad feeling about this...I have a feeling that one will lead to another and another and...well, you get the point. If you didn't you wouldn't be reading this.

Stay tuned.

Last edited by jacksdad3; 01-31-2014 at 10:31 AM.. Reason: Learning
jacksdad3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-31-2014, 11:03 AM   #2
didjidude
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Smile Re: Neophyte Begins His Journey

Run, run as fast as you can. These things are more additive than heroin. It starts with head lights, then the lift kit, the wheels and tires, a winch and before you know it, you've got a big block on your back! Stay away from the evil golf cart, run as fast as you can. Oops, too late your already on BGW... good luck my friend.
didjidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 02:13 PM   #3
jacksdad3
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Neophyte Begins His Journey

Thank you for the warning and the welcome. I sorta had a feeling about this.
Old 01-31-2014, 03:07 PM   #4
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

Welcome.Hes right.it starts with something like hubcaps and ends up a life project that continues to evolve.
pachanga90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 03:22 PM   #5
PAPABEAR1
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Welcome to BGW,, and yes it is an addiction...
PAPABEAR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 03:24 PM   #6
didjidude
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Smile Re: Neophyte Begins His Journey

And the first pusher man just chimed in. Watch out for Pachanga he is EVIL (lol) he makes a liftkit called the Pachanga lift. Oh sure you can buy it, but you'll find that it has a receiver hitch mount for a winch...... See how this goes, one thing leads to another.
didjidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 03:55 PM   #7
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

Hey!! I resemble that remark!!! I won't push,but i could recommend.....
pachanga90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 07:55 AM   #8
racin161
Gone Wild

SURE he's not a pusher he gives his advise for FREE a pusher SELLS his advise.

LOU
racin161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 08:27 AM   #9
Ghall
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

to BGW He's hooked!!
Ghall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 11:21 AM   #10
jacksdad3
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

My Mama warned me about people like you! (Where did a sweet old lady like that learn about people like you? )

Anyway, the guy I contacted has found us a Club Car DS (2003) that was used on a driving range to recover balls. He has removed the cage and started to overhaul it. We should have it later this month, and then the addiction will manifest itself! (Yeah, I probably will need a lift kit, but I need one with a hitch mount, so I guess I am just out of luck!)

Where we will be using it, we will have a couple of kayaks, and I am going to design and fabricate a lightweight trailer to transport them to the lake, about a 1/4 mile away.

I will post pictures as our journey continues. Thanks again for the warm welcome. This sounds like a fun site!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car