lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-25-2014, 07:07 PM   #1
slotter
Not Yet Wild

Default How do I make an engine stay on

We have 2 EZ go golf carts at work, I'm unsure of the exact model I know they're both 07s. Anyways whenever you let off the gas they auto turn off and it's a pita when you just get off for a couple seconds to check something out and have to restart the engine. Is there anyway to wire up something so that it doesn't do this? Sorry if this is a well known thing I tried to search for everything I could but found nothing relevant.
slotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-25-2014, 09:49 PM   #2
mcdave71
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: How do I make an engine stay on

There's a box under the drivers feet that has a small switch in it. You could run a switch from the dash down there to jumper it out so it would stay on. Only prob then is dealing with shifting forward/reverse gets troublesome. But I believe you would then also have to raise the idle which would then prevent shifting easily..
mcdave71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 02:51 PM   #3
MoBell412
Not Yet Wild

I just bought a 1983 Marathon that someone made a switch so the motor would idle, like you're saying. You have to turn it off, put it in gear, and then start it back up to change directions. Not sure if yours is the same or not, but I believe it's possible.
MoBell412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 03:03 PM   #4
93yellowclubcar
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Club Car

Just a side note, on that 83 don't ever try shifting into reverse or forward until the engine COMPLETELY stops. Those carts spin the motor backwards for reverse instead of using a reverse gear in the transaxle, so forcing the mottor to go from spinning one way to going the other very quickly could be harmful.
93yellowclubcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 08:31 PM   #5
sonnyhooper
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Look up ezgo idle kit. For newer carts i believe it makes the key turn it on and off and there is a spring for the clutch that allows it to be shifted at idle.
sonnyhooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 05:24 PM   #6
deerhunter30
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnyhooper View Post
Look up ezgo idle kit. For newer carts i believe it makes the key turn it on and off and there is a spring for the clutch that allows it to be shifted at idle.
I got mine from cpp and think that's what you need.
deerhunter30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 10:47 AM   #7
rib33024

http://www.cartpartsplus.com/
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO