lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-21-2014, 01:01 PM   #11
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Default Re: Winch Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by yurtle View Post
Do you have a ramp? pulling it up is a sraighn.
Are you asking me if I use a ramp to pull my cart on the back of my truck? If so, the answer is "Yes", and I use the winch to do this. Also, when the front of the cart tires reaches the truck bed (actually the lowered tail gait where the ramps are hooked on) this is where the winch has the most strain on it.

The hook point on the truck is the top of the bed in the front of the bed.

FWIW

Dave
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-21-2014, 02:13 PM   #12
coosa
Gone Wild

JohnnieB, don't forget I'm the guy that ran a resistor cart for the past 16 years. :)

I dunno even know what regen braking is or how it works. I can't tell the brakes are any different from my old cart, so they must have turned it off.

It is a stock motor with 22" tires.

Dave, thanks for the info on your winch. I never had one on my old cart, but always carried a come-a-long. I'm not to the point of being disabled yet, but I'm having a lot of back trouble and needed to get away from the come-a-long. My winch is a Superwinch 3000.

I'm not sure how well this is gonna work, but I rigged up one roller on the front bumper and 2 on the top rack so that I can use the front winch to load a deer. I've dragged a few heavy objects with it in tests and it seems to work fine. I don't know how well its gonna work to winch the cart backward, but I think it will load a deer with no problem.

I knew I was getting old about 5 years ago when I shot a 170 lb buck and could not load him onto the atv. I had to drag him all the way back to camp. Since then I've been looking for easier ways to do everything.
coosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 04:59 AM   #13
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Maybe you could use a trailer electrical hookup, like the kind that make the trailer's lights work, and use your truck battery to winch the buggy in and out of the truck, saving your buggy batteries for loading carcases.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO