lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-20-2014, 10:42 PM   #31
JimL Metcalf
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: EZGO 2Five

Perhaps too late as the post is two months old, but... I've had a 2Five for 4 years next month in a NW Phoenix suburb. As a neighborhood electric vehicle, I've been very satisfied. I like the hydraulic 4 wheel braking system and suspension. I love the automatic brake when stopped. Unfortunately, I bought it primarily as a golf cart. The EZGO options available are extremely limited, like virtually nil. You can get some extra mirrors and hand hold, sand bottles, ball washer and a basket behind the seats. Possibly floor mats from the RVX will fit and that's about it. If you change the wheel size the warranty will be voided. I've not found much after-market options either - just not that many 2Five's on the road.

As a golf cart, the extended roof line is a pain. I can't begin to count the number of skinned fingers caused when pulling clubs from the bag and smacking the roof. Riders have often clunked their head exiting the cart, as the windshield line is more sloped than they are accustomed to in other golf carts. One guy about knocked himself out. My fellow golfers prefers not to ride with me.

I've had issues since new with low range and quickly depleting batteries. Right out of the box I had weak batteries and the dealer tried to get full replacements, but EZGO would only allow one to be replaced. Then they claimed the batteries were stronger than indicated by the gauge, which a software upgrade "fixed" but the charge still ran down quickly. I doubt I could have ever played back to back 18 holes, which would total maybe 12-14 miles as slower speeds. I can't imagine ever getting close to the claimed 40 miles they told me when I bought it.

I'm now replacing the 12 V batteries, which seems like a short life. I'm strongly leaning to the current configuration of their new cart (apparently since early 2014) of 6 8V batteries vs. the original 4 12V's. I would avoid the automatic water system like the plague - it has never worked properly and one summer, all the batteries were flooded by my caretaker, because they would just keep filling the cells with water and not shut off as they claim (which probably greatly contributed to my short battery life).

I play golf with guys who've had GEMS and they hated them. The batteries are exorbitant. Their turning radius is excessive - guys have had to stop, back up and start again to get around turns that other carts zip through. There is only one left in our golf club at the moment.
JimL Metcalf is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO