lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-16-2016, 08:30 AM   #1
kobx
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Wiring Rocker Switches

I ordered up some rocker switches, to control my lights, and my red "Zombie" Lights, and realized I ordered the 5 pin swithces. See pics below. Will these still work, and does anyone have a wiring schematic I can reference to hook all these pins up? I've done a 3 pin, but not sure about a 5 pin.

Thank you.
Attached Images
File Type: png lights.PNG (141.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: png Zombie.PNG (149.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: png Back.PNG (148.3 KB, 0 views)
kobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-16-2016, 08:33 AM   #2
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Wiring Rocker Switches

don't know about those specific lights, but many times the backs of the switches are labeled what each connection is for....are your switches labeled in anyway?
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 08:41 AM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Put 12v power into the center pin and test the other 4 pins to see where it comes out in each position.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 08:47 AM   #4
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

I found this.....it may help..

CARLING ROCKER SWITCH ONOFF WIRING DIAGRAM.jpg
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 09:40 AM   #5
kobx
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Nuke View Post
I found this.....it may help..

Attachment 131340
OK, so if I understand the schematic correctly, this is how I should wire the lights/switches up. Can someone double check this for me, please? I get very nervous when it comes to wiring, I know enough to be dangerous....
Attached Images
File Type: png schematic.PNG (24.5 KB, 0 views)
Old 02-16-2016, 09:50 AM   #6
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

That is correct

Here is an annotated picture I did for another member:

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/attac...tch_wiring.jpg
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 10:09 AM   #7
Hypersprint
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

unless you have a master switch your lower light will be on all the time with the jumper between pins 2 and 6. If I'm not using a master switch I usually power pin 6 from the headlight switch so it acts like the dash lights in a car.
Hypersprint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 10:21 AM   #8
kobx
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypersprint View Post
unless you have a master switch your lower light will be on all the time with the jumper between pins 2 and 6. If I'm not using a master switch I usually power pin 6 from the headlight switch so it acts like the dash lights in a car.
You're right, with the Reducer being powered by the ignition switch, the lower lamps will always be on. Not too big of a deal. But I don't think I have a choice, being one of the switches is the headlight switch.

Anyways, thanks a lot for all the feed back. Now I've got some confidence going into this. I'll post pics when completed.
Old 02-20-2016, 07:06 AM   #9
kobx
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

OK guys, I could use some guidance before I short somethings out and fry something. I understand that for the 5pin switch, you need to wire 12V power to the middle pin, and attach the positive lead of the accessory to the bottom pin. What confuses me is, on my current head light switch (just a standard pull switch), there is only one positive, and one negative. It sees that positive lead is both the power and the accessory lead? Do I have to run another wire or something? Or do I tree two leads off of the end of the existing wire, to hook up to the switch? Hopefully I explained that clear enough.
Old 02-20-2016, 08:36 AM   #10
Hypersprint
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Pins 2 and 3 on the new switch are the same as the switch you have now, all of the other pins are just for the pretty lights in the switch and have nothing to do with operating your driving lights. the only important thing for the lights in the switches to work properly is whichever wire on your current switch reads 12v when the switch is in the off position would be used on the new switch on pin 2 and the other wire would go to pin 3. At this point your switch is just like the one you are replacing. now, to make the pretty lights work is just add the negatives as mentioned above and put a jumper from the wire on pin 2 to pin 6 this will power the lower light when your key is turned on and the upper light will get its power from pin 3 when the new switch is turned on.

I hope this makes some sense, It did in my head as I typed it

Rob
Hypersprint is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO