lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-22-2016, 08:55 PM   #1
honcho
Not Yet Wild

Default sonic weld

2001 36v txt std pds Have no idea of the location, or what I am looking for, funky electrical stuff is happening to cart and wanna check it out. Thanks for any info Todd
honcho is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-22-2016, 09:17 PM   #2
crash test dummy

Default Re: sonic weld

give us more info please
Old 02-22-2016, 09:25 PM   #3
honcho
Not Yet Wild

It sometimes runs sometimes not. Have replaced everything that you would think needed replaced,from F-R switch to micro switch. If it won't run,I leave switch in reverse,when it finally starts beeping, I can push pedal and it may or may not go in reverse,eventually it will,and I am good for awhile,man I have a loose wire or connection somewhere,was thinking if I did have a sonic weld,check it out,about the only thing I haven't done
Old 02-22-2016, 09:37 PM   #4
crash test dummy

INDUCTIVE THROTTLE SENSOR ??
test for PDS
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...agnostics.html
Old 02-22-2016, 09:41 PM   #5
honcho
Not Yet Wild

replaced
Old 02-22-2016, 10:05 PM   #6
crash test dummy

clean everything and start testing when it is dead
Old 02-23-2016, 11:34 AM   #7
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

To find the infamous sonic weld in a PDS cart, start at the solenoid.

There is a small red wire connected to the battery side large terminal along with the thick cable from the main positive terminal of the battery pack.

Follow the red wire into the control wiring harness. Inside the harness it splits (Sonic weld) and one leg goes towards the controller and ends up at J1 Pin-5 and the other leg heads in the other direction and ends up on one of the two terminals on the reverse beeper, which is mounted on the left side of the passenger side glove box.

If fixing that three-way connection does solve the problem, while the cart is misbehaving, jack rear wheels off ground and put rear of half ton cart on jack-stands so it doesn't run over somebody or something while troubleshooting.

Using a DVM (Digital Volt Meter), measure and record battery pack voltage to the nearest 1/10 volt. (IE: Fully charged 36V battery pack will be 38.2V or slightly above.)

Leave DVM negative test lead attached to battery pack's main negative terminal.

With Run/Tow = Run, Keyswitch = ON, F/R = F and Pedal depressed until solenoid clicks, measure voltage at: (While Plugs are inserted into Jacks)
J1 Pins 1, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8 & 9
J3 Pins 1, 2, 3 & 4
J4 Pins 1 & 2

Every one of the 13 test points listed should have FULL battery pack voltage.

If any are less than full battery pack voltage, fix the switch and/or wires attached to that switch. (Pin numbers and switches shown on attached schematic)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Wiring Diagram - PDS - Solenoid activation traced.jpg (69.7 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 08:33 PM   #8
honcho
Not Yet Wild

Thanks JohnnieB,I have a car lift so no problem getting cart off the ground,will try to find sonic weld first and start testing if that's not the problem
Old 02-24-2016, 09:01 AM   #9
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

No problem, just aim cart in safe direction in case it takes off unexpectedly.

Also be sure to flip Run/Tow switch to tow when disconnecting/reconnecting electrical stuff.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO