lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-26-2016, 09:01 PM   #1
johnp
Not Yet Wild

Default just got my new xct 400 dcs controller from carts unlimited and need some help

I have been looking for the pictures that the instructions say are in this forum but can't find them. Can anyone help me with the wiring of this controller. My instructions say the f2 wire goes to f8 on the controller bur I'm not seeing an f8 terminal. And also having a little trouble wiring the solenoid sw180
I would appreciate if anyone could help me out. Unfortunately it's too dark for me to see real well so I have quit for the night but really hope to get up and running again tomorrow. Thank in advance. I have a 1996 36 volt ezgo dcs.
johnp is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-26-2016, 09:31 PM   #2
johnp
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: just got my new xct 400 dcs controller from carts unlimited and need some help

Anyone got any information or pictures from installs
Old 02-26-2016, 09:50 PM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: just got my new xct 400 dcs controller from carts unlimited and need some help

I got the instructions - how about you?

See page 14 of the operators manual for install diagram showing J7, J8, and J9
scottyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 10:45 PM   #4
johnp
Not Yet Wild

Yes I have the instructions. I have been looking at the wiring schematic on pg. 14. In the users manual but on the other set of instructions where it is saying that the f1 wire goes to j7 and not to j8 as showed in the link and and the f2 wire goes to f8 And not on f7. I was just wanting to make sure Im not doing anything wrong .
I was trying to figure out if it was actually supposed to say the f2 goes to j8 and not f8 or if I was not seeing the f8 on the controller somewhere. Thanks for your help scottyb and again thanks for your help during the ordering process for the controller and solenoid.
Old 02-27-2016, 12:47 AM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

The manual has a fairly harmless error - F1 and F2 are reversed. The result is Forward will be reverse and vise versa. I corrected in my drawing which is on the back side of the instruction sheet. See below.
Install link address here > http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...xct400pds.html
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture.JPG (129.1 KB, 0 views)
Old 02-27-2016, 09:11 AM   #6
johnp
Not Yet Wild

Ok thank you
Old 02-27-2016, 12:03 PM   #7
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

I don't think it matters much, but the schematic posted was for a XCT in a PDS while the thread is about a XCT in a DCS.

Looks like the latest schematic on the Alltrax site has the F1 & F2 cables landed properly as well including a regen diode on the solenoid.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg XCT in DCS.jpg (246.4 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2016, 04:17 PM   #8
johnp
Not Yet Wild

I got the cart going a minute ago it ran fine for a minute then I heard the regen diode pop. What could have caused this to happen. I double checked the direction of the diode and all was good. I'm at a loss now don't know what to do with it. Anyone got any ideas
Old 02-27-2016, 04:27 PM   #9
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I have not heard of one of those popping ? Did you put the cart in neutral while it was rolling by chance?
Old 02-27-2016, 04:28 PM   #10
johnp
Not Yet Wild

After the diode popped the cart would barely try to move a little. It was like kinda jumpy so to speak.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO