lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-28-2016, 12:16 PM   #61
johnp
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: just got my new xct 400 dcs controller from carts unlimited and need some help

Johnnieb you were right I did have it wrong.. my mistake it burned out the run tow switch. Luckily the switch on the cart I had for parts was still good. The cart runs now. It is gonna take some getting used too to drive it. It is a lot more powerful. It seems to want to go... I'm guessing the controller is tuned for max performance.. thank you again. All of you for your help. If we ever were to meet I'll buy the beer thanks again..
johnp is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-28-2016, 12:46 PM   #62
johnp
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: just got my new xct 400 dcs controller from carts unlimited and need some help

Scottyb thank you also for everything!! You And Johnnieb are good people for taking the time to help me out!
Old 02-28-2016, 12:48 PM   #63
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

That has to be a testimony as to how bulletproof the XCT is.

The Run/Tow switch is the most robust of the four switches involved, so I'd replace the rest of them, or at least make sure I had spares for all of them on hand.

Also be sure to replace the regen diode. I still haven't figured out what made it pop.

Since you got the XCT from Scotty, he probably has it programmed fairly mild.

Connect a laptop to it and you can tweak the programming to your personal tastes.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2016, 01:03 PM   #64
johnp
Not Yet Wild

Ok I will get some spares and I will be ordering the diodes also. Thank god it didn't burn up the controller my wife was barely letting me back in the house as it was.. if I had to spend another 500 right now I'm not sure what would happen lol.. your a genius in my book Johnnieb.. thanks again.
Old 02-28-2016, 03:00 PM   #65
harleyman1340
Not Yet Wild

Johnp, good news on getting the cart running and getting mama off the ceiling. It's pretty impressive that Johnnieb could look at some pictures and diagnose your problem. Good job all around.
harleyman1340 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2016, 03:10 PM   #66
CART-ZILLA
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

THIS IS WHY I SAY THIS SITE IS PRICELESS !!! good work johnnyb an scottyb ill be talking to you THIS week !!!
CART-ZILLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO