lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-17-2016, 07:53 PM   #1
djjayelhsa
Not Yet Wild

Default 1997 ezgo golf cart

Hi.
I bougth a 1997 ezgo golf cart DCS it had no battery in it so I put 6-6volt battery in the golf cart.I put the run switch on and put the key on and the cart goes forward about one foot and stops and the F&R switch beeps I switch the run switch to tow and it stops I put a new 36 volt solenoid and a DCS resistor in and it does the same thing any way you can help me.
Thanks.
djjayelhsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-17-2016, 09:32 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: 1997 ezgo golf cart

Could be a speed sensor problem. Can you still read the sticker on the controller cover? It gives directions for service mode to tell you problems in "beep codes". Like "beep,,,,,beep, beep" (that would be 12, not suggesting thats what your code would be). Is your beeping constant "beep-beep-beep-beep"?
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 07:24 PM   #3
djjayelhsa
Not Yet Wild

When I put the cart in I turn the key on and put it in forward it goes about 2 feet and stops and the F&R switch has a constant beep-beep until I put the run switch to tow it stops beeping.
Old 03-19-2016, 08:42 AM   #4
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Does the solenoid click when you push the pedal?
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 11:43 AM   #5
djjayelhsa
Not Yet Wild

I don't hear the solenoid click but it is brand new solenoid.
Old 03-19-2016, 12:23 PM   #6
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

To energize the solenoid, you have to have B+ on the small terminal with three wires on it and when you push the pedal, the controller puts B- on the small terminal with the blue wire on it via Pin-7.

The cart moves a few feet because there is some energy stored in the filter capacitors in the controller. If the controller was energizing the solenoid like it is supposed to do when the pedal is pushed, the energy on the filter capacitors would be supplied by the battery pack and the cart would keep on going.

Sounds like the solenoid activation part of the controller is bad, but if any part of the controller is bad, it is all bad.

Before replacing controller, verify you have full battery pack voltage on Pins 6, 7, 9 & 10 when Run/Tow is in Run, Key is ON and a direction is selected on F/R.

When pedal is pushed, you should get battery pack voltage on Pin-5 and the voltage on Pin-7 should drop to about 0V.

---------
If the controller is bad, do not replace it with another DCS controller. They were a flawed design and failed often. Use an Alltrax DCX or XCT controller.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Wiring Diagram - DCS - No Reverse Diode -KSI Traced.JPG (94.7 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO