lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-12-2016, 08:58 AM   #31
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Wiring for an Ez-Go 2002 series cart.

Hi yurtle, glad to see you are still kicking. Sounds like your Tesla coil has chased the gremlins from your place about 125 miles SE.

Gene, I can't see how a bad solenoid would cause the voltage to go away from stud D only, but after working on electrical and electronic gadgets for fifty something years, I believe most anything is possible.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-12-2016, 10:42 PM   #32
gadavis
Gone Wild

Thanks Johnnie B. Maybe his gremlins did in fact come down this way. I-20 is only about 45 miles from me. I live right beside Ga. Hwy 15 and it runs within 2 miles of I-20. just a short hop down Ga Hwy 77 and you are on the interstate bound for Hotlanta.

I am going to install a known good FNR unit tomorrow from a cart that I parted out because the frame rusted through and see what that does for this nut case. I had kinda hoped that Scotty from California might jump in also and help on this weird thing.

Today has been a busy day, so I am going to get some rest and tomorrow I am going to jump at it again. I suppose that the fact it runs well when it decides to means the controller is OK?

Gene Davis Tennille, Ga.
gadavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 03:23 PM   #33
gadavis
Gone Wild

Well people, We have slain the dragon!! The cart is running correctly now. I shifted it 100 times from Forward to reverse and back again sitting on the jack stands and it performed flawlessly. Then I took it off the jack stands and drove it 3 miles to the dumpster site and back. So I now declare it ready to go. It will probably be under full attack by his grandchildren tomorrow.

Now for the weapon used to slay the dragon!! I took a FNR unit off a running cart that I was going to part out. I disassembled it,cleaned it, put it on my table model belt sander and smoothed the stationary contact holder board. I then replaced all the contact posts, both movable and stationary and springs with new parts. Presto, Chango: it is running like it should and I am out of the mess.

I will give him back the new switch he brought with the car and see if the dealer might make some sort of adjustment for it being defective.
Thanks ever so much to everyone offering advice on this white elephant job.I could not do it by myself.

Later, Gene Davis Tennille, Ga.
Old 05-13-2016, 05:56 PM   #34
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Glad to hear it is going and what fixed it.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 06:14 PM   #35
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Glad you found it!
mgray70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 09:59 PM   #36
gadavis
Gone Wild

Yes, i wish to thank all of you for the help!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO