lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-03-2016, 03:02 PM   #1
Isaac-1
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Easy RXV 12 volt socket mod

I just added a 12 volt cigarette lighter style socket to my RXV and it looks completely like it was a factory item. I used a low profile marine 12V socket kit from ebay (listed as tight mount motorcycle marine socket) This surprisingly high quality socket is a perfect although snug fit to go into the hole where the early RXV's had their F/R switched between the driver and passenger seats (mine had a rubber plug there) and the wiring loom is just the right length to reach to the drivers side well where DC-DC converters are usually mounted (mine is aftermarket). The spacing inside is tight, just enough room between the battery and the back of the socket to get the flag connectors onto the back of the socket and the protective rubber boot in place, but is is possible without removing the center battery. I don't know if all RXV's have the hole and rubber plug, but if you do this is an easy way to get 12 volt accessory power to the passenger area.

Ike

p.s. pardon the dirty seat, I have yet to wash the RXV since buying it a couple of weeks ago, been too busy with adding things (tires, dc-dc converter, new windshield, and next HD rear springs)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg s-l1600.jpg (111.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg rxv12vsocket.jpg (91.6 KB, 0 views)
Isaac-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO