lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-06-2016, 01:05 PM   #1
kroy1968
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default txt series cart jerky w/no power

i have a 99 txt series cart that I'm attempting to get running. It is Jerky and has has no power. I finished a "frame off" cleaning and repainting and in doing so thoroughly inspected cables and connections. Batteries test good and hold up under a 10 sec load test with battery tester. I actually walked away from cart 6 months ago because i entered my busy season and didn't have time to work on it. My memory told me that troubleshooting had led to a bad controller. Well, I just installed a new 350 amp controller and it is doing the same as before. i put up on stands and pressed the pedal and it looked and sounded like it was running fine. i let go of pedal and pressed it again and wheels didn't turn! I reached down and pushed the drivers side tire and it started moving very slowly. i let go of pedal and get very slow movement. I let go of pedal again and get nothing until i push tire and it barely turns.
So, what's my problem???
kroy1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-06-2016, 04:52 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: txt series cart jerky w/no power

Your load test is not convincing. I prefer a cart under it's own power uphill voltage test. assuming power supply is not the problem (again I'm not sure it is not) Maaaybe brushes. So, maybe worth pulling the motor and having a look.
But I would first.
Attach the meter to the pack, note the voltage. Then put the cart on the floor and try to go, note the voltage.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 07:11 PM   #3
kroy1968
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks, voltage was good last time I worked on it but I didn't check it today. I'll do that tomorrow
Old 06-06-2016, 08:12 PM   #4
Clemsoncartguy
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

In the last 6 months have you at least charged your batteries a few times? Batteries may be junk.
Clemsoncartguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 05:21 PM   #5
kroy1968
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Yes, I did continue to charge batteries while cart was dormant.

At full charge battery pack reads at 37 volts with pedal depressed voltage doesn't drop.
I haven't actually gotten to testing voltage with cart on ground because it doesn't really move on or off the ground.

I've taken hubs off because it sorta feels like dragging brakes but they are fine. Right now, with wheels and hubs removed I've got nothing at the axle. It's like the more times I depress the pedal the worse it gets.
First pedal press - wheel/axle turns but appears slow
By 3rd/4th press I have to turn wheel/axle to get it going
6th press- nothing no power at axle/wheel

I'm attempting the diagnostic test that I found on this page but I'm trying to understand if I need to do the ITS test, the DCS test or both
Old 06-07-2016, 05:30 PM   #6
Clemsoncartguy
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Both
Clemsoncartguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 06:13 PM   #7
kroy1968
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Scottb, it's your diagnostic that I'm trying to do...think you, by the way, for posting it. I'm sure it has help hundreds of people.

I'm trying to not come across as an idiot but I'm stuck at this point of diagnosis
"Install a "jumper wire" between the batteries BL+ post and the solenoid post with red wires attached." Are you saying from the positive post of pack to solenoid with the small red wires? I just don't want to burn anything up by getting it wrong
Old 06-07-2016, 06:40 PM   #8
kroy1968
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Ok, Scottyb, I figured out the jumper wire instructions. I have a few questions for some of my readings.
Voltage is correct at red wire of 6pin
Voltage is 14.2 at black wire so that's within correct reading
When 6 pin connecter is unplugged I get a reading of 0 at black wire so that's a problem

When connected to M- and B+ I get a reading equal to battery pack not 0

From the diagnostic I'm not sure what it means if I have full voltage between M- and B+
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO