lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-14-2016, 06:32 AM   #11
grandpa1
Gone Wild

Default Re: Rxv trouble running

Pic
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20160714_073100265.jpg (78.4 KB, 0 views)
grandpa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-14-2016, 08:00 AM   #12
HiTechRedNeck
Gone Wild

1) sol does not activate with pedal as on TXT's

Sol is activated by the controller.

2) What does cart do when key is turned on?

3) what are conditions/symptoms when cart fails?

Doesn't run is not much help.
HiTechRedNeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 09:03 AM   #13
Isaac-1
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

That looks like the original highly fault prone solenoid, see picture in this thread http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...-solenoid.html

the new ones look very different, can be seen in this thread on installing a DC-DC converter (another thing the early RXV's did not have from the factory until mid 2010)
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...erter-rxv.html
Isaac-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 10:39 AM   #14
grandpa1
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiTechRedNeck View Post
1) sol does not activate with pedal as on TXT's

Sol is activated by the controller.

2) What does cart do when key is turned on?

3) what are conditions/symptoms when cart fails?

Doesn't run is not much help.
When I turn the key on the solenoid makes 2 click sounds. When I put my meter on the outgoing side of solenoid it drops down to 32 volts when it clicks. Cart will run every blue moon then nothing.
Old 07-14-2016, 02:25 PM   #15
Isaac-1
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Regardless if it is "the problem" I would suggest replacing the old style problem prone Solenoid. This may or may not fix your issue ....
Isaac-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 04:26 PM   #16
grandpa1
Gone Wild

Ok have one coming in the morning to try
Old 07-14-2016, 11:13 PM   #17
Dramier
Not Yet Wild

Since no one has brought this up yet, I'll add this to your list...

The RXV golf carts are some of the most sophisticated carts in existence. One of the things that many people don't know about with the RXV is that they have what is called a "power-up sequence." During this sequence a number of checks are made, and if any of them fail the vehicle will not run.

Here is the list of things the RXV self-checks for:

Electric brake - it will attempt to rock the motor a 1/4 turn both ways.

Park brake check - it will engage and then disengage the electric brake to check parking brake function.

Reverse alarm check - it will beep the reverse buzzer. (Yes this means if you remove or disconnect the reverse buzzer on an RXV the cart will fail to run.)

Charger inhibit check - Checks to make sure the charger is not currently plugged into the cart.

Throttle switch check - Also called HPD or high pedal disable. Accelerator must not be pressed or the cart will not run.

Throttle operation check - The cart makes sure the pedal registers both fully closed and fully open voltages correctly.

Any of these checks not passing will cause the cart to not run. Unfortunately, not even a handheld scanner can tell you which condition failed. I will give you a list of the common reasons I have seen for RXV's to fail the checks:

Bad charger receptacle port: Makes the cart think it's charging when it's not. Sometimes even a wet receptacle on a recently washed cart will trigger this.

Disconnected or removed reverse buzzer, or a buzzer full of water.

Accelerator is remaining partially depressed due to debris, mud, or some other factor preventing the pedal from returning fully. You can catch this one by reaching down and pulling the accelerator pedal all the way towards the seat and then switching on the cart. If it runs when it previously did not, very possibly something is causing the pedal to get stuck.

Loose battery connections. Especially on the RXV's with four twelve volt batteries, the rear battery tends to have a bad connection on the driver's side post. Check all the battery cables.

The aforementioned faulty solenoid. Inspect and replace. You can usually see an indicator of a bad solenoid because of a clear difference in color between the main posts, or even black marks or other signs of scorching.

The connector under the cupholders being loose or missing or damaged. Underneath the center of the dash there is a big white nine pin connector. Make sure it's not wet or damaged, and it is securely plugged in. Can cause carts to fail to run.

Faulty run/tow switch. When a run/tow switch starts to get weak or corroded it can cause failures to run because the vehicle essentially thinks it is still in TOW mode. Check the switch for signs of corrosion, damage, or loose wires.

Hopefully this list will get you started, but don't get discouraged! This is a very complicated cart and not easy to diagnose sometimes. Just be patient, and be careful with your testing.
Dramier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 07:35 AM   #18
HiTechRedNeck
Gone Wild

two sol. clicks is indication of POST test failure.

Can you get someone with a handheld scanner to check for error codes?
HiTechRedNeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 09:19 AM   #19
grandpa1
Gone Wild

I guess I am going to have to. Problem is I can only push it so far before it locks the brake. Even in tow mode it will roll some in neutral but then it will lock up when it rolls a lil to fast
Old 07-15-2016, 10:04 AM   #20
grandpa1
Gone Wild

Also I have a question. On the original solenoid it has two small wires red and black that are running into the side. Where do I connect them on the new solenoid
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO