lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-15-2016, 02:23 PM   #1
Salt1972
Not Yet Wild

Default Which Golf Cart?

I just sold a 1999 EZGO TXT DCS. We bought it from a neighbor last October, replaced batteries and cables, cleaned it up, and ran it. The controller failed in June. As I was trying to troubleshoot and source a controller, I collected a lot of opinions that the DCS model was prone to controller (and other) failures. Most people suggested that I sell it... so I put a controller in it, ran it a few weeks and sold it earlier this week.

Now, we'd like to replace it. We use it as a neighborhood cart with the wife and daughter. Some have said we should look for an RXV others have said TXT. Hoping to stay around the $3k range. Speed isn't important. Reliability is. Any advice?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Salt1972; 07-15-2016 at 02:24 PM.. Reason: typo
Salt1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-15-2016, 02:44 PM   #2
Isaac-1
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Which Golf Cart?

I bought an RXV a few months ago and could not be happier, I think you will find that there are 2 anti RXV groups, the go fast group that don't like the hard coded max speed in the RXV controller which limits you to a max speed of 19.5 mph on stock size tires, or about 22-23 on oversized tires on a non-lifted cart. (Stock RXV's ride about 3 inches higher than TXT's do so can accomodate 20-22 inch tire sizes without lifting depending on offset and very minor plastic trimming). The second group are those with a lot of history modifying DC carts, the RXV is an entirely different beast and if you try to treat it like a DC cart you will likely quickly kill the $1,000+ controller. Once you understand that everything from th key switch to the brake pedal sensor is a digitial input into the controller and should not be modified the RXV becomes a great choice. However if you are the type to blindly go and try to tap into the "ignition switch" / key switch to get power for your aftermarket SOC gauge instead of buying the factory optional SOC gauge and connecting it to its dedicated harness, you will experience for yourself why you should not mess with the RXV control systems.
Isaac-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 03:01 PM   #3
Clemsoncartguy
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

There is that reason mentioned above and that there is a whole lot more aftermarket accessories for the TXT.

Look for what you find the best deal on and condition or look you are wanting. Me personally I think I'd lean toward TXT but that's just me and everyone has an opinion.
Clemsoncartguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 05:06 PM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Too bad you didn't get better advice on DCS cart. It is a TXT and only the stock control was prone to die. All the newest speed and torque upgrades fit it.... The DCS would have made 20 mph and lots of torque with the new XCT400 control. But you can do the same to any TXT PDS or TXT48 or CC IQ. Happy hunting
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO