lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-05-2016, 09:48 AM   #11
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Alltrax xct 500 programming for 2006 ezgo pds

Or the battery pack may just not have the oomph needed. In any case adding voltage (42v) will help
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-05-2016, 11:00 AM   #12
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Or the battery pack may just not have the oomph needed. In any case adding voltage (42v) will help

I was amazed by the difference adding a seventh 6V battery made.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 11:16 AM   #13
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post

I was amazed by the difference adding a seventh 6V battery made.
I know - huh? - Western took Ezgo carts and added the 7th battery and ran circles around the competition
Old 08-05-2016, 01:43 PM   #14
MillwrightMike
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helirich View Post
You know buying one new battery now may shorten it's life. But it won't shorten the other six's life. So if you have relatively new batteries and plan to go 42 or 48 volt, I would just do it now.
Yeah I just need a new charger and a couple more cables. All I lack is funds! Lol

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
MillwrightMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 01:49 PM   #15
MillwrightMike
Getting Wild

Quote:
The speed gain people get when they replace a stock 36V PDS controller with a DCX or XCT is due to the the motor's 4400RPM limit imposed by the stock PDS controller being removed, but with 23" tires your motor is only spinning at 3818RPM at 21MPH, which is about 600RPM less than the RPM limit imposed by the stock PDS controller, so installing a controller that removed that limit wouldn't have increase your cart's speed.

However, at 21MPH your cart is running a bit slower than I calculate it should, so Scotty might be right about the motor being weak, or it might be something causing excessive mechanical drag.
I took it for a test run last night and set the program up to monitor the cart. I was maxing out at a hair over 4400 rpms and topping out at 21-22mph. The torque is amazing! I still need to play with the throttle linear adjustment or whatever it's called. I'm not sure if I saved the one Scottyb preloaded for me.

What does everyone suggest for a new motor? I would like a minimum of 25mph but closer to 30mph, some good torque, and the ability to run on 36 or 42 volts.
Price doesn't matter. I only want to buy one!

Old 08-06-2016, 07:58 AM   #16
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillwrightMike View Post
I took it for a test run last night and set the program up to monitor the cart. I was maxing out at a hair over 4400 rpms and topping out at 21-22mph. The torque is amazing! I still need to play with the throttle linear adjustment or whatever it's called. I'm not sure if I saved the one Scottyb preloaded for me.

What does everyone suggest for a new motor? I would like a minimum of 25mph but closer to 30mph, some good torque, and the ability to run on 36 or 42 volts.

The motor RPM and cart speed numbers don't match the tire height and gear ratio, so either your tires are less than 23" tall or the speedometer you're using is reading low, or at least those are the two most likely explanations of the disparity.

There are no slip joints between the motor and tires, so with 23" tall tires, and stock (12.44:1) differential gears, the cart will travel at 24.2 MPH when the motor is spinning at 4,400 RPM.

Before looking at motors, I suggest finding out why the cart speed vs motor RPM numbers don't match and the reason why the cart's top speed is less than it ought to be.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 08:01 AM   #17
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Up the voltage - generally speaking, 36v is not going to move the cart as fast as you are looking to go.
Old 08-06-2016, 11:47 AM   #18
Helirich
Gone Wild

Quote:
Yeah I just need a new charger and a couple more cables. All I lack is funds! Lol
Quote:
These two statements seem to be a contradiction. It will be a lot cheaper to go 42-48v now and see what you got. Then buy a motor later.
Helirich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 11:52 AM   #19
MillwrightMike
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helirich View Post
These two statements seem to be a contradiction. It will be a lot cheaper to go 42-48v now and see what you got. Then buy a motor later.
You're correct. Price definitely matters. I guess what I'm saying is that I'd rather spend the money buying what I want the 1st time and not buying 3 motors to get what I want.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk
Old 08-06-2016, 11:53 AM   #20
MillwrightMike
Getting Wild

Quote:
The motor RPM and cart speed numbers don't match the tire height and gear ratio, so either your tires are less than 23" tall or the speedometer you're using is reading low, or at least those are the two most likely explanations of the disparity.

There are no slip joints between the motor and tires, so with 23" tall tires, and stock (12.44:1) differential gears, the cart will travel at 24.2 MPH when the motor is spinning at 4,400 RPM.

Before looking at motors, I suggest finding out why the cart speed vs motor RPM numbers don't match and the reason why the cart's top speed is less than it ought to be.
I've not measured the actual tire height so that could have something to do with it. I'm learning. Lol

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO