lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-06-2016, 08:05 PM   #1
EZGOKITT
Not Yet Wild

Default Power cuts out FWD to RVRS visa versa?

Hey Guys, just finished wiring up my TXT in my custom build. Running a 30A voltage converter off the 36v series of batts. From the converter I'm running a car stereo and LED light kit. I wired the 12v ignition and power wire to the converter. The turn on lead for the converter is wired to the ignition switch. So when I power off the TXT (1996) I lose all memory in the car stereo. This is a problem. Additionally after wiring the whole system in I realized when shifting from FWD to RV and visa versa I get a power cutout on the converter and 12v LED lights and stereo resets. This wasn't anticipated.

I'd like to put a 12v gel cell battery in line between the converter 12v output and the stereo and LED lighting connection. This will maintain the memory of the stereo when the cart is powered down and eliminate the power fail issue when switching from FWD to RVS and visa versa.
I will power off the stereo with its own power off button and LED kit power off button when not in use.
Does anyone see an issue with this? Other option is wiring two of the 6v batts in the series wiring in lieu of a gel cell (pull Pos and neg after two Batts in line in lieu of a gel cell)

Thanks all.
EZGOKITT is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-07-2016, 09:29 AM   #2
Golf cart guy
Gone Wild

Default Re: Power cuts out FWD to RVRS visa versa?

You can run the stereo yellow wire (memory) direct to the battery to prevent memory loss. Now the bad part, I don't remember which battery you have to go to so that it is still picking up 12 volts. Ive done what you are doing, and it gets tricky with the ezgos due to the way they wire there system up. All your issues can be cured without the addition of another battery, but I don't remember how I did it so I'm useless other than it can be done.
Golf cart guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 01:10 PM   #3
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Power cuts out FWD to RVRS visa versa?

Kitt.....Does your stereo have a special/separate MEMORY wire to maintain the memory? if so and seeing as how your cart is 36v....put the memory (+) to the first battery of the pack and run a ground (-) for the stereo to the neg. side of the SECOND battery. That will supply a constant 12v to the memory for the stereo.
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO