lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-19-2018, 04:51 PM   #11
TexTurbo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Golf Cart and Harley on Single Axle Trailer Doable??

My $0.02.....

You can talk yourself into anything... its the reality of putting two very heavy and expensive things you value on a trailer that "might be OK"....

I will speak from experience, a single axle will "track" poorly, be difficult to load with regards to tongue weight, and depending on your tow vehicle, be the most uncomfortable ride on our wonderful (satire) Texas roads.

Go with the tandem axle with brakes, even after loading your scooter and cart, you will have room for all that "extra" stuff you just realized (or were told) you need to take !!!!

Happy Travels !
TexTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-19-2018, 06:23 PM   #12
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexTurbo View Post
My $0.02.....

You can talk yourself into anything... its the reality of putting two very heavy and expensive things you value on a trailer that "might be OK"....

I will speak from experience, a single axle will "track" poorly, be difficult to load with regards to tongue weight, and depending on your tow vehicle, be the most uncomfortable ride on our wonderful (satire) Texas roads.

Go with the tandem axle with brakes, even after loading your scooter and cart, you will have room for all that "extra" stuff you just realized (or were told) you need to take !!!!

Happy Travels !
X2
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 07:06 PM   #13
noserider
Gone Wild
Club Car

Yeah agree with everyone's comments if I'm loading that much weight. Might still opt for a smaller single axle 12' or less and just haul one toy at a time. I just sold my 16' tandem and planned to go smaller for space mostly.
noserider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 05:09 AM   #14
Rooster59
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Good idea. Get the 12' trailer and take one toy at a time.
Rooster59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 08:53 PM   #15
noserider
Gone Wild
Club Car

Finally decided to pull the trigger on a new trailer today. I bit the bullet and went for a 14' tandem. Has a dovetail on the back with a ramp gate and removable ATV side ramps on the front. Well that's how I ordered it anyway. Not sure how often or if ever I will haul the golf cart and the Harley but I can now if I want. The tandem also comes with brakes on 1 axle so that's a plus. It's a PJ trailer. Went with tractor orange with black wheels. I was tired of black trailers so decided to try something different. It's also powder coated paint. I'll post up some pics when I get it in 4 weeks.
Old 06-21-2018, 10:06 PM   #16
noserider
Gone Wild
Club Car

Thumbs down Re: Golf Cart and Harley on Single Axle Trailer Doable??

Got the new trailer today. I originally was going to load the golf cart sideways using the removeable ramps up front and the Harley centered behind it from the rear.I tested it today and the angle was a little steep and the golf cart bottomed out on the frame. I really had no plans to lift the cart .
Just for grins I loaded the golf cart from the rear and put it very close to one side. This gave me enough room to pull the Harley in beside the cart. I was surprised I had room but the trailer is 83" wide and 14' bed. Do you think with the cart weighing around 1500 Lbs and the Harley around 900 Lbs this would be a problem with more weight to one side?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg New Trailer.jpg (251.7 KB, 0 views)
Old 06-21-2018, 10:10 PM   #17
noserider
Gone Wild
Club Car

Here is one more PIC.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg New Trailer1.jpg (263.4 KB, 0 views)
Old 06-21-2018, 10:20 PM   #18
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by noserider View Post
Got the new trailer today. I originally was going to load the golf cart sideways using the removeable ramps up front and the Harley centered behind it from the rear.I tested it today and the angle was a little steep and the golf cart bottomed out on the frame. I really had no plans to lift the cart .
Just for grins I loaded the golf cart from the rear and put it very close to one side. This gave me enough room to pull the Harley in beside the cart. I was surprised I had room but the trailer is 83" wide and 14' bed. Do you think with the cart weighing around 1500 Lbs and the Harley around 900 Lbs this would be a problem with more weight to one side?
Unless your rear seat foot rest is bottoming out, a lift won't help the rear end from bottoming out.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 10:35 PM   #19
noserider
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by yurtle View Post
Unless your rear seat foot rest is bottoming out, a lift won't help the rear end from bottoming out.
Hmm. Well that's confusing. Taller tires maybe??
Old 06-21-2018, 10:59 PM   #20
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by noserider View Post
Load it. Strap it all down. Drive it like you stole it.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO