lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-29-2018, 08:28 AM   #1
dug232323
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Power Wise QE On-Board Charger Issue

Hello. I just installed new batteries in my 2006 36V cart. Everything seemed fine but as soon as I hooked up my charger to the batteries the charger had a 6 red blinking fault code.

This was before I even plugged it into the wall. I know that fault code is an internal charger issue. Just wondering if there is anything else I can try before spending $350 on a new charger or trying to have someone fix the one I have. I don't remember it ever blinking (even when I would get a fault code) before I plugged it in. Seems odd.

Any advice would be appreciated.
dug232323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-30-2018, 06:55 PM   #2
nickdalzell1
Resident Curmudgeon

Default Re: Power Wise QE On-Board Charger Issue

PowerWise QE fault? toss it and get either a DPI or Eagle Performance. QEs are junk, for the $150 for a rebuild you'll just be buying another, then another, then another down the road.
nickdalzell1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 09:08 AM   #3
dug232323
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Power Wise QE On-Board Charger Issue

Thanks for the input. This one , was the original on board charger from 2006 (according to the guy that sold it) so I guess it did pretty well. Actually took it apart and found a corroded wire on the output so I stripped all 3 wires and put new connectors on and it works again. I did order a replacement charger though because I don’t think this one will last much longer. Back on the road...
dug232323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO