lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-05-2018, 02:55 PM   #1
cjfournier04
Not Yet Wild

Default Battery wire corroded

I am new to the golf cart world so forgive my ignorance. :) I have a RXV 48 Volt EZ-GO golf cart. I noticed that one of the battery terminals was leaking acid out. It ended up shorting out and the cart completely quit running. I flipped it into tow mode and pushed it back home. I replaced the cable and when I went to turn it back on, it made a sudden jerk like it was wanting to reverse but did not move after that. All it does is beep constantly. If I switch it to tow mode and turn the key on, I hear a click and then nothing. Any thoughts on what could be happening? Thank you in advance. Also, even if the switch is in "Run" Mode, I can still push it just as if it were in Tow mode... Weird?
cjfournier04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-10-2018, 01:13 PM   #2
SBIRD!
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Battery wire corroded

Bump.
Have you read the electric cart owners sticky?
What year is your RXV?
Which controller?
Is battery acid coming out around the lead terminal?
Do you have a digital volt meter?
These are some of the questions the experts will need answered to give guidance.
Good luck.
SBIRD! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 01:22 PM   #3
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Battery wire corroded

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjfournier04 View Post
I am new to the golf cart world so forgive my ignorance. :) I have a RXV 48 Volt EZ-GO golf cart. I noticed that one of the battery terminals was leaking acid out. It ended up shorting out and the cart completely quit running. I flipped it into tow mode and pushed it back home. I replaced the cable and when I went to turn it back on, it made a sudden jerk like it was wanting to reverse but did not move after that. All it does is beep constantly. If I switch it to tow mode and turn the key on, I hear a click and then nothing. Any thoughts on what could be happening? Thank you in advance. Also, even if the switch is in "Run" Mode, I can still push it just as if it were in Tow mode... Weird?
I totally missed this post, I was driving that day. The symptom of it jerking then beeping certainly sounds like a motor brake failure. Like SBIRD! posted, we'll need additional information.
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO