lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-06-2018, 10:23 AM   #1
Jonathan08
Not Yet Wild

Default Out of alignment/ Bent Front Axel

Newbie to golf cart’s. Just bought a 2002 Ezgo Txt PDS 36V cart. Just got it running thanks to you all but now we have a secondary problem. The cart is out of alignment and pulls to the left. I took the steering wheel off and rotated it but the problem seems to be in the driver side front tire / front axel. It appears that the cart as been wrecked on the front driver side. The driver side front wheel is out of “camber” and is toe in. 33 inches on the front and 34 1/4 inches on the back side of the front tires. Per the pictures you can see the “slanted” tire and where the front axel is bent. My question is could I take the axel off and bang on it a bit and straighten it out or should I just buy a new front axel? Thanks.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 201B1C22-C10B-43DD-B2DA-F387866FA810.jpg (188.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 3DD1AA0F-2EBB-4C19-8ED8-BDC3A3398A89.jpg (175.8 KB, 0 views)
Jonathan08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-06-2018, 02:02 PM   #2
Jonathan08
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Out of alignment/ Bent Front Axel

Well.... I took the front tires off to get a better look at the bent axel and you can see where the damage has been done. I decided not to take the axel off and to just order a new one. In the meantime I decided to rotate the front tires and check the pressure. Come to find out the driver side front tire only had 17 lbs and the passanger front had 25lbs. I read that ideal inflation for concrete riding, which is what we do, should be at 22lbs. So I set the pressure on every tire to 22lbs. When I went to put the driver side tire over to the passanger side I noticed that it had water in it. The tire held good pressure so I can only assume that the cart had sat for a while and the tire went low and it allowed water to get into the tire and then someone pumped it up leaving the water in the tire. So I deflated the tire and popped it off the rim and drained all the water out. Reinflated and installed. After all of that the cart is actually driving pretty true. If it had drove like this from the beginning I would have never known there was a problem. So while we wait on the new axel at least we are driving straight for the first time.
Old 07-06-2018, 04:23 PM   #3
Sideways
Gone Wild

Your left frt tire will thank you in the long run for replacing the axle.
Sideways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 08:39 PM   #4
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

WOW, 1.25" Toe in? That's crazy. You'll want closer to 1/8th inch toe in when you are done.
bronsonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 08:51 PM   #5
Jonathan08
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronsonj View Post
WOW, 1.25" Toe in? That's crazy. You'll want closer to 1/8th inch toe in when you are done.
Yeah the Toe in is bad. Decided not to mess with the toe in until I get the new axel in. I’m sure the bent axel has something to do with it. Plus the driver side tire is sitting back further than the passanger bc of the bent axel. Already ordered and waiting to get it in. Hoping nothing else is messed up within the steering. 🤞

Tags
2002, 36v, alignment, electric, ezgo
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO