lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-14-2018, 11:29 PM   #21
Cheeeco
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Ergo RXV 2008 won’t fully charge or move

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkredman View Post
I'm reading that the cart will not move with run tow set to 'tow'. Is the key also in the neutral position?

If it won't move in tow, the motor brake is not releasing. You can try to pull the cover over the controller. you'll find instructions for switching the two plugs that bypasses everything and applies power to the motor brake. If it will move in that configuration you'll probably need to find a service manual and/or a diagnostic handheld to start chasing the issue.

Also have you taken a volt meter and measured across the full pack to make sure it is in fact below the 50 or so volts a full pack will deliver?
It will not move in that position, however hasn’t in the past when everything worked.. never understood why...I’ll try switching the plugs however don’t really see and directions on that procedure under the controller cover. Hand held Volt meter reads 51 across all batteries. Separated the charging plug in and hooked direct to a nsure positive connection. Still nothing is working. I also changed silnoid with no change. Stumped. Several months ago changed brake and all worked well after that.
Cheeeco is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-15-2018, 02:11 AM   #22
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheeeco View Post
It will not move in that position, however hasn’t in the past when everything worked.. never understood why...I’ll try switching the plugs however don’t really see and directions on that procedure under the controller cover. Hand held Volt meter reads 51 across all batteries. Separated the charging plug in and hooked direct to a nsure positive connection. Still nothing is working. I also changed silnoid with no change. Stumped. Several months ago changed brake and all worked well after that.
Which motor brake did you buy? The HD motor brakes draw way too much power, will cause all sorts of odd problems, and will burn out the motor brake circuit in the controller if you keep using it long term. That might be your problem now, a damaged controller. When it burns out, the run/tow switch will not be able to release the brake like it is designed to do.

You need to make sure that you are using an OEM motor brake, like this one...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/301992451277

I hope they restock soon, they sell so many.
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 03:34 PM   #23
Cheeeco
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBoyce View Post
Which motor brake did you buy? The HD motor brakes draw way too much power, will cause all sorts of odd problems, and will burn out the motor brake circuit in the controller if you keep using it long term. That might be your problem now, a damaged controller. When it burns out, the run/tow switch will not be able to release the brake like it is designed to do.

You need to make sure that you are using an OEM motor brake, like this one...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/301992451277

I hope they restock soon, they sell so many.
OEM brake installed. Made the HD mistake first go around months ago. Been working fine with OEM for a while now. Also checked batteries with hydrometer, all batteries max. Reading at 1.300. However via hand held volt meter my reading are 50.8 across all batteries and indivisualy at 12.7v
Old 07-15-2018, 03:43 PM   #24
Cheeeco
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
OEM brake installed. Made the HD mistake first go around months ago. Been working fine with OEM for a while now. Also checked batteries with hydrometer, all batteries max. Reading at 1.300. However via hand held volt meter my reading are 50.8 across all batteries and indivisualy at 12.7v
New brake picture attached.
Hopefully you can zoom and see spec.
Thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 4698E210-FED3-4B2E-885F-3B26089944C9.jpg (108.6 KB, 0 views)
Old 07-15-2018, 07:21 PM   #25
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

That's not an OEM motor brake... It looks like one but the specs are wrong. That one will draw too much current in an RXV. The motor brake required is 48V, not 36V. It is delivered 48V when it pulls in, and after it's pulled in, the controller cuts back to 80%, which is still more than 36V. So pull in current is much greater than the controller is programmed to deliver, and hold in is still more than the controller is supposed to deliver. That motor brake will have the power requirements of a HD motor brake. The controller measures current draw of the motor brake, and will not pass the motor brake test if it exceeds test limits. It may have barely passed before and as the motor brake coil aged it may have gone beyond the limit. It may also have damaged the controller. Sorry to have to tell you...

Bob
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 10:57 PM   #26
Cheeeco
Not Yet Wild

[QUOTE=BobBoyce;1522125]That's not an OEM motor brake... It looks like one but the specs are wrong. That one will draw too much current in an RXV. The motor brake required is 48V, not 36V. It is delivered 48V when it pulls in, and after it's pulled in, the controller cuts back to 80%, which is still more than 36V. So pull in current is much greater than the controller is programmed to deliver, and hold in is still more than the controller is supposed to deliver. That motor brake will have the power requirements of a HD motor brake. The controller measures current draw of the motor brake, and will not pass the motor brake test if it exceeds test limits. It may have barely passed before and as the motor brake coil aged it may have gone beyond the limit. It may also have damaged the controller. Sorry to have to tell you...

Bob[/QUOTE

Wow, ok , I’ll order the one you suggested
and hopefully it will work.
Otherwise I guess another controller.
Any suggestions for best place to purchase.
Thank you for all of your help.
Old 07-16-2018, 08:49 AM   #27
usgicollector
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

With Bob on the road and the supplier he normally recommends out of brakes at the moment. I think he would go with this supplier EZGO RXV Motor Brake.
usgicollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 09:08 AM   #28
Cheeeco
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by usgicollector View Post
With Bob on the road and the supplier he normally recommends out of brakes at the moment. I think he would go with this supplier EZGO RXV Motor Brake.
Ordered. Thanks
Old 07-18-2018, 11:04 PM   #29
Cheeeco
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Ordered. Thanks
Ordered the brake and received the same model# as the one I have on cart now
I’ll check with seller however stated they stated 48v and 36v came to me.
Will this work on my 2008 RXV? Thanks...
Old 07-19-2018, 01:24 AM   #30
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Looks legit to me.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO