lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-10-2018, 09:40 AM   #1
mauim
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Quality of different brand light kits

Hello, I am new to this forum and just bought a 2017 EZGO RXV that doesn't have lights. I have looked all over the internet and a local shop at light kits and wanted to get opinions of the different brands. My local shop here in northern Nashville likes to install the MADJAX LED kits. I was leaning towards the RHOX/Redline LED light kits. I don't really know about the quality of either company, but it seems from my searches that the RHOX/Redline is the better quality brand. I also would like to hear opinions of the type of brake light switch. I see three different types. The actual switch that goes under the floor board, the flimsy looking pad that screws to the brake pad, and the entire new brake pedal pad. I am leaning away from the pad that screws towards the current brake pad as it looks flimsy and I like the OE look. We have not decided on whether or not to make it street legal, but I am leaning towards getting the turn signal stalk that has the light switch on it and a horn. I appreciate everyones comments and insight on these questions. My fiancee wants to get this light kit done quickly so we can ride around at night with the kids. Thanks!
mauim is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-10-2018, 12:35 PM   #2
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Quality of different brand light kits

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauim View Post
Hello, I am new to this forum and just bought a 2017 EZGO RXV that doesn't have lights. I have looked all over the internet and a local shop at light kits and wanted to get opinions of the different brands. My local shop here in northern Nashville likes to install the MADJAX LED kits. I was leaning towards the RHOX/Redline LED light kits. I don't really know about the quality of either company, but it seems from my searches that the RHOX/Redline is the better quality brand. I also would like to hear opinions of the type of brake light switch. I see three different types. The actual switch that goes under the floor board, the flimsy looking pad that screws to the brake pad, and the entire new brake pedal pad. I am leaning away from the pad that screws towards the current brake pad as it looks flimsy and I like the OE look. We have not decided on whether or not to make it street legal, but I am leaning towards getting the turn signal stalk that has the light switch on it and a horn. I appreciate everyones comments and insight on these questions. My fiancee wants to get this light kit done quickly so we can ride around at night with the kids. Thanks!
The RXV is set up to use a 24V brake light relay that is controlled by the controller. When you let off of the pedal, the cart begins coasting down in speed. The controller lets those behind you know you are coasting down even though you are not touching the brake pedal. Aftermarket kits that use a pedal switch cannot do this. I suggest you buy the correct relay and use it, the relay coil wires are already there inside of the cupholder assembly.
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 09:50 AM   #3
mauim
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks Bob. So all I need to do is buy this 24v relay somewhere and connect it to the violet and red wires and then connect the other wires to the brake light wires coming out of the lighting harness I have to install? Any suggestions on who makes the best harness and where to get this relay?
mauim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 02:17 PM   #4
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauim View Post
Thanks Bob. So all I need to do is buy this 24v relay somewhere and connect it to the violet and red wires and then connect the other wires to the brake light wires coming out of the lighting harness I have to install? Any suggestions on who makes the best harness and where to get this relay?
The relay is E-Z-GO Part number 604110 (Relay, 24V) and you can buy it from their store. They have a new parts website and it is royally messed up so you'll probably have to call them on the phone and order it. They also sell an Accessory harness that will plug into your existing main harness. They also sell complete light kits, turn signal switches, ect... but they are expensive. One advantage is, it's all plug and play with your existing main harness.
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO