lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-21-2018, 01:08 PM   #1
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Arcing V glide on first contact

Resistor DS cart. Original wiper melted. Replaced it and I still get an initial arc when the wiper hits the first stage. wot it runs fine. The only major problem is if you creep on that first stage it arcs and heats up again. Not that familiar with adjusting these things, what should I check that could cause this?

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk
mgray70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-22-2018, 03:42 PM   #2
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Arcing V glide on first contact

Anyone have any ideas? Runs fine full throttle. Just heats up at slow speeds. I don't want to melt another v glide.

Old 07-22-2018, 07:58 PM   #3
pattyandrick
Getting Wild

Mine does that, I just avoid going real slow. It arcs but hasn't melted

Sent from my SM-J320V using Tapatalk
pattyandrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 10:56 PM   #4
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Getting hot is either too much current flow through the contact or a poor connection causing current to have to move through a smaller contact area. Arcing makes me think it's a high current issue.
Can't say for sure but I would think either there's a short between two wires going from the V glide to the resistor or one or more of the resistors is toast.
Take a close look at all of your connections, all the wires going to the resistors, all the wire connections on the resistors, and Search how to test the resistors to see if any have failed.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 07:35 AM   #5
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairtax4me View Post
Getting hot is either too much current flow through the contact or a poor connection causing current to have to move through a smaller contact area. Arcing makes me think it's a high current issue.
Can't say for sure but I would think either there's a short between two wires going from the V glide to the resistor or one or more of the resistors is toast.
Take a close look at all of your connections, all the wires going to the resistors, all the wire connections on the resistors, and Search how to test the resistors to see if any have failed.
Thank you, I will check the resistors. They are kinda rusty corroded looking, but not broken. Does anyone know what the resistance should be, it can tell where to find it?

Old 07-23-2018, 09:05 AM   #6
pattyandrick
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgray70 View Post
Thank you, I will check the resistors. They are kinda rusty corroded looking, but not broken. Does anyone know what the resistance should be, it can tell where to find it?

Resistors will have low Ohm value, but not zero or open

Sent from my SM-J320V using Tapatalk
pattyandrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 08:45 PM   #7
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I think I have found the problem. The first resistor coil was broken. I couldn't see it for the shield. So when the wiper was hitting the second stage it was a sudden amperage draw which caused the arc. Gotta get it changed and make sure, but I think that's what's causing it.

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car