lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-22-2018, 10:42 PM   #1
NLaudy
Not Yet Wild

Default Rough Weekend - Totaled 96 Club Car DS

Crazy story... A friend of mine had his golf cart stolen from our local Campground/Marina Friday night. Thinking some kids probably stole it and took it in the local woods we spent all AM combing the woods in my truck (until both of my front tires got a hole in them ) After filling out a police report and meeting with the officer he was informed of a golf cart out in the Potomac river. To make a long story short it ended up being his and between the parts that were stripped, being beat up in the salt water and the rough waves it is pretty much a goner. Per campground policy he had insurance on it but it was only liability since his insurance company would not give him full coverage on a 1996 Club Car DS.

Being hard headed he doesn't want to feel like the thieves won so he wants to rebuild it rather than trying to buy another one on his very limited budget. With that said I am trying to help him out the only way I know how by messaging people in hopes they might have some leftover parts off of a similar cart.

If you have or are aware of any cheap or free used parts can you please let me know? Just trying to help out a friend who had a rough weekend. After looking over the cart pretty good it is going to need a lot. Seems they must have drove it in the river under power because all the wiring is burnt up and the battery terminals have mostly all been melted off due to arc'ing I am guessing.

Parts I am looking for:

- Wiring Harness
- Forward/Reverse Switch
- Front cowl (hood)
- OBC
- Solenoid
- Windshield
- Motor
- Controller
- Battery Cables
- Battery Hold Down Posts
- Roof
Attached Images
File Type: jpg before.JPG (113.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg after.jpg (89.6 KB, 0 views)
NLaudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-22-2018, 11:10 PM   #2
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Default Re: Rough Weekend - Totaled 96 Club Car DS

Sorry to hear about your friends cart. It sometimes amazes me how little respect some people have for someone else's property. I live in a neighborhood where 15 years ago you could leave your car windows down all night, nothing to worry about. Now we have punks walking down the street at night pulling the door handles on every car to see if they can get in any of them. I've watched them do it. But you can't shoot someone for pulling on your door handle...

Hope you find the parts you need. I just junked an old gasser but nothing on there would do you any use. It was rougher than a squirrel turd.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 11:27 PM   #3
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Man that is awful. Seems like all he has left is a rolling chassis and a rear body.

If you could find a wrecked DS with a good motor that would be perfect.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 07:10 AM   #4
Lochlin
Gone Wild

Some people are pigs, plain and simple.

He is going to have to get a whole "new" cart and take all of the parts from it and transplant them into the old cart. Buying all of those parts individually will cost more than another cart. He'll have extra spare parts as well.
Lochlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car