lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-24-2018, 07:48 PM   #1
crock921
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default advanced dc motor replacement

hi, looking for some direction.

i have a txt 2001+ with a bad motor (continuity between s1 and a1) that i picked up used.

when i pulled the motor, i saw that it is a bd4-4001 advanced dc motors hispeed.

I have no idea what controller is in it, but the cart was going about 21 the way it was.

is this a good motor, or should i use a different brand for replacement? is it best to do the sol/controller too, or should i ride them until they go? I want to do the job right, but also dont want to drop a grand if it is not necessary.

any guidance for this noob would be appreciated!
crock921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-24-2018, 11:50 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: advanced dc motor replacement

That was a good motor for general purposes. so if you can find a deal on one locally, go for it. The thing is that there are many other motors that can work with a stock controller, while giving a little more performance, it's kind of a wash. I bet someone had fun at the "downhill races" and ruined that motor. Question is, what's Your application? Lift/bigger tires? Need more speed? What do you have, and what do you expect from it?

A free tip- whatever speed your cart does on flat ground should be used as a guideline for it's top speed down hills too. Just because it can hit 35 down a hill doesn't mean that won't cause the motor guts to explode doing that.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 07:52 AM   #3
crock921
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: advanced dc motor replacement

It's basically for cruising around the neighborhood. I'm going to either lift it or put 14" street tires on it. I'm not sure of the controller brand, but I want another high speed motor like I have. I enjoy being the fastest cart around!
crock921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO