lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-29-2018, 03:44 PM   #1
nnmsgst
Gone Wild

Default Express L6 - Gas or Electric

Hi,

I'm interested in upgrading from my DS (attached) to an Express L6. A couple questions:
  • Why so few reviews of this model?
  • All things being equal, would you choose 72 volt electric or the gas model? Why?
  • Anything else I should be considering?

I appreciate the forum and look forward to responses.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20180929_093259.jpg (259.0 KB, 0 views)
nnmsgst is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-29-2018, 05:08 PM   #2
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Express L6 - Gas or Electric

Quote:
Originally Posted by nnmsgst View Post
Hi,

I'm interested in upgrading from my DS (attached) to an Express L6. A couple questions:
  • Why so few reviews of this model?
  • All things being equal, would you choose 72 volt electric or the gas model? Why?
  • Anything else I should be considering?

I appreciate the forum and look forward to responses.
My experience is with programming the electrics. They are quite capable of going faster (50+ MPH) than you would feel safe driving at...
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2018, 06:01 PM   #3
nnmsgst
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBoyce View Post
My experience is with programming the electrics. They are quite capable of going faster (50+ MPH) than you would feel safe driving at...

Bob. I was hoping you'd reply, thanks.

I have a DS now with a plum quick motor and it's faster than I need it to be. Would like more torque though in whatever I buy next... And a 6 seater would need it

Anyway, I'm curious why so few reviews of the express L6, and also if I buy one if I should get gas or the 72 volt electric. I think that comes from the factory with a 350 amp controller?
Old 09-29-2018, 07:11 PM   #4
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Bob. I was hoping you'd reply, thanks.

I have a DS now with a plum quick motor and it's faster than I need it to be. Would like more torque though in whatever I buy next... And a 6 seater would need it

Anyway, I'm curious why so few reviews of the express L6, and also if I buy one if I should get gas or the 72 volt electric. I think that comes from the factory with a 350 amp controller?
I would go with the 72V electric. The torque is amazing. When I first set the accel rate on an L6 to the same as an RXV, I was suprised when the front lifted on that long chassis so much when he stomped the go pedal. Had to turn it back down a bit! What I really loved about that 72V system, it had the power to hold speed, and increase speed as needed, as it climbed hills. For such a large chassis, it really moves.

By the way, it does not use a golf cart controller. It uses an EV controller, designed for a much larger vehicle. The 3 phase motor on the transaxle is much more powerful as well. I would love to put one of those on an RXV!

Bob
Old 09-29-2018, 09:45 PM   #5
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

The gas model probably would have the differential from a hauler so more power but less speed matched with the 13 hp Kawasaki motor. Stock size tires with the governor tweaked probably 16-18 mph but would run a ways on a tank of fuel. The 72 volt would definitely have more torque with a blistering 15 mph stock from the factory. That can be tweaked for more obviously. Something else to remember with the L6 is that thing is long. Need a full width street and then some to turn it around and a 12 trailer to haul it.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2018, 11:59 PM   #6
nnmsgst
Gone Wild

Thank you both for the info. Anyone know of good, reputable EZGO Dealers that I could work with that would ship one/ Or should I just work with the local dealers? Seems like carts are alot less expensive in the south
Old 09-30-2018, 05:58 AM   #7
Theflyinglineman
Gone Wild

Quote:
Thank you both for the info. Anyone know of good, reputable EZGO Dealers that I could work with that would ship one/ Or should I just work with the local dealers? Seems like carts are alot less expensive in the south
I was very happy with GOlf Cart Depot in Land O Lakes Fl,ask for Gabe

Thanks
Adam
Theflyinglineman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2018, 06:29 AM   #8
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Used carts are less expensive here due to the large supply of fresh-off-lease carts every year. New, not as much.
Old 09-30-2018, 08:42 AM   #9
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Lot of that depends on where you are.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2018, 08:44 AM   #10
nnmsgst
Gone Wild

I'm in Wisconsin, but just outside of Minneapolis metro
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO