lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-30-2018, 10:52 AM   #41
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Default Re: F/R Reversing Contactor Switch gone bad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by copper44 View Post
Is it possible for this switch to go bad? My cart no longer moves however I have Voltage at both the Forward and Reverse wire and and the ITS.
You know....I went back at your very first post....with the pictures. And maybe this was covered, and maybe your switch is wired correctly, but tell me this:

The main power to the switch should be coming from the center wire. So, when the switch is in neutral, there should be no power.....none....NADA...to the two red wires that you have tabbed with white tape, and they have a + on them.

Is this how your setup is?
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-30-2018, 03:33 PM   #42
copper44
Not Yet Wild

Yes sir, no voltage until the pedal is pressed.
copper44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 08:23 PM   #43
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Quote:
Yes sir, no voltage until the pedal is pressed.
Ok. That's how it should be.

But my question is\was.....IF you put the F\R switch in neutral, AND then you press the pedal, do you THEN have any power to the two "outside" red wires that you have a white tab with a "+" marked on them?
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 09:20 PM   #44
orangeman6
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Anyone know of a place around Middle of michigan that would work on Electric carts? I am officially at a loss of why this will not work.

Thanks.
Copper, don’t give up man. You’re running out of things that could be your problem. The solenoid clicks when you try to go and the contactor apparently checks out. That’s a couple of big things.

I feel like this thread got a little drug out and confused. IMHO you ought to start a new thread with where you’re at right now. You can always reference this one, if needed. This one kinda got stale and is all about the f/r. A new thread will get some new attention. Follow the advice and you’ll figure it out.
orangeman6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO