lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-22-2018, 04:56 PM   #1
Ed760
Not Yet Wild

Default 2009 rxv sitting 3 years won’t move

Hi all. I’m new at forums pls have patients for my stupidity. Bought 2 rev ezgos. One flooded during Harvey. One just quit working 3 years ago. Charged batteries with car charger enough to use delta quiq charger to continue charging. Took motor brake off and cleaned. Brake coil resistance is 28.8 ohms. Reinstalled according to manual. Batteries measure 12.8 to 12.5 after 12 hours off charger. 50.4 battery pack volts. Solenoid measures pack voltage on both sides after it is engaged. When key is turned on you hear solenoid kick in and brake go on and off. When on and in tow brake releases some but very hard to push. In any other position it will not move at all. You do hear reverse enunciater sounds normal in reverse. That is all it does. The flooded cart has batteries charged but is dead. Fuse was blown but replacing it did nothing. Can’t get charger to work on this cart. Was hoping to make one out of the two. My dvm is only good to tenths not hundreds. Any advise would be appreciated. I no the solenoid measurements are wrong but I do not understand the voltage drop means it’s good. I do have the run plug in and have cleaned all cable plugs. Sorry for the long post but want to give as much info as I can. Thanks to anyone who can advise
Ed760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-22-2018, 06:15 PM   #2
Ed760
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 2009 rev sitting 3 years won’t move

That’s rxv can’t get used to auto correct spell check!
Old 10-22-2018, 07:32 PM   #3
jkredman
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I read one was flooded in Harvey, and it’s hard to push in tow mode.

I would pull the motor, and take it apart as if I was replacing a bearing encoder, and see what it looks like. Did it get water in it? If so I would also want to pull the axles and clean them up, maybe replace the bearings, and replace the oil in the axle.

In the front of the cart, I would pull up the floor mat and the cover over the pedals. There are connectors, a switch on each pedal and an encoder on each pedal, if they got water in them they need to be replaced.

Finally, about where are you located. You’re probably going to need to find someone who has a Danaher programmer to check for error codes.

let us know if you have additional questions.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
jkredman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 09:01 PM   #4
Ed760
Not Yet Wild

The flooded rxv was under six feet of water for three days! I did check the magnetic switches under the floor mat and they seem ok. I have not checked the position sensors on the throttle and brake for the 5 volt system. When I first charged the batteries and replaced the fuses I got a sick sounding sound from the reverse alarm in any position of on on the key switch. After I cleaned all connections it quit doing anything. I figured it was hopeless because of the flood. I was shocked that the batteries seemed to come back to life after being that old and not serviced for a full year after being flooded!
Old 10-22-2018, 09:02 PM   #5
Ed760
Not Yet Wild

I forgot to mention that I am in Conroe Texas
Old 10-22-2018, 10:43 PM   #6
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

The controller and encoders will have to be replaced. There is likely harness corrosion as well at the connectors and splices. The connector seals are intended to keep out humidity and light water contact. Submergence produces water pressure that penetrates those seals. All connectors should have been unplugged long ago and left unplugged to dry out.
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 08:15 AM   #7
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

From what I understand you have one flooded cart and one cart that never saw water damage, is that correct?

On your first post with all the details, were you talking about the flooded cart or the cart that just stopped working?
bronsonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 09:23 AM   #8
Ed760
Not Yet Wild

Sorry for the confusion. The flooded cart is not responding at all now. The other cart shows signs of hope. When I first started trying to get the flooded one to do anything it would engage solenoid and the reverse alarm would have a weak squeal coming out of it in any on position of the switch. I have replaced that fuse on it cleaned all connectors on batteries and wiring harness with Contact cleaner. After that it did not do anything. That’s when I started working on the non flooded one. It at least is making some sounds of life! Talk you for any ideas.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO