lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-30-2018, 06:01 PM   #1
msmith379
Not Yet Wild

Default RXV vs TXT

Hi all. I’m hoping someone could give me some advice. I’m getting a 2015 ezgo 48v 2+2 built for me to go around my neighborhood and sometimes out on the golf course. I’m leaning towards a txt because I can get the body similar to the new s4’s put on it, but the guy building it says the rxv’s are superior performing. When it is all said and done I like the body of the txt I can get over the RXV and i assume there isn’t a lot difference in performance but wanted to see what you all say. Thanks for any help.
msmith379 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-30-2018, 06:12 PM   #2
Dan33Klein
Getting Wild

Default Re: RXV vs TXT

The RXV is an ac drive system and is superior to the txt.
Bobboyce can do wonders with the RXV controller.
He also can hop up the TXT controller.
Dan33Klein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 06:36 PM   #3
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I have one of each. The RXV doesn't slow on inclines like the TXT will. Seat of the pants it feels much more powerful. All RXVs have an automatic parking brake and limited slip. Neither available on the TXT.
You should drive both and not just around the dealer lot if possible.

RXVs have 12v batteries standard. This is a weakness. An 8v battery configuration is available and it is a better cart this way. All late model TXTs will have 8v batteries.

If I were to choose now after having lived with both for several years I would choose the RXV hands down (2014 or newer).

Neither of my carts are lifted and are used solely on streets and purpose built paved cart paths.

Edit: I get that you like the looks of the S4. We are probably telling you what you don't want to hear. An option is to put an aftermarket controller in the TXT to bump up performance some. ~ somewhere around $500. They are plug n play so you could do it yourself. Take some time to think about this. I don't know what your situation is but if its hilly at all where you are the RXVs will roar by you on the way up. It will get old fast depending on your mind set.
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 06:47 PM   #4
msmith379
Not Yet Wild

I’m also coming from a 2001 txt that the brakes didn’t work well and the person who put the roof on used a bolt that was slightly too long so it squeaked when I drove. Anything is going to be an upgrade. Is one batter system cheaper to replace over another?
Old 10-30-2018, 07:00 PM   #5
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Both are 48v. RXV can be configured with the same 8v batteries as the TXT.
RXVs are computer controlled. Not user friendly for tinkering if that is important to you. It's a different driving experience. Lots of one pedal operation. Once you get used to it you rarely have to touch the brake pedal and then just a tap or two. Personally I have learned to love the auto parking brake. Just step out of the cart and it stays where it is no matter what. To go again step in and hit the gas.

You should drive them both. AS MUCH AS YOU CAN BEFORE CHOOSING. IMO
Old 10-30-2018, 09:31 PM   #6
meyre1
Not Yet Wild

Whats the advantage of a 2014 RXV over a 2013 or earlier?
meyre1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 10:07 PM   #7
msmith379
Not Yet Wild

Thanks. It’s pretty flat here a few hills, but nothing steep. Almost all driving will be on pavement. I’m going to drive both and price it out. It’s probably going to have to be a big difference in price to get me to choose the RXV. If my old cart was newer I would probably care more about performance but my old cart was a junker so anything is going to be vast improvement and I really like the s4 body. Do you think a txt with s4 body will hold value better or normal RXV?
Old 10-30-2018, 10:54 PM   #8
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Electric RXV carts have NO MECHANICAL BRAKES. Let that sink in for a moment. All braking is done fly-by-wire via the drive motor, unless you slam the brakes to the floor engaging the parking brake, which will destroy that parking brake in short order. I just cannot recommend the RXV electric in this configuration. Buyer beware.
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 11:12 PM   #9
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by meyre1 View Post
Whats the advantage of a 2014 RXV over a 2013 or earlier?
For RXV you want one with a Curtis controller, mid 2012 and up. Some older RXVs can be a little noisy in the gear set. Not all but occasionally. The problem has never been pinpointed apparently but whatever it was seems to have been resolved by 2014.
In my area no price incentive to go older than 2014.
Old 10-30-2018, 11:16 PM   #10
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

The 2014 RXV had a software upgrade to the controller. The later 2012 on up to 2019 RXV use the Curtis controller that is so much better than the early 2012 and older RXVs. A stock TXT is no comparison to a stock RXV. The RXV will outperform the TXT in every aspect. No money needs to be spent on hardware upgrades to the RXV, it is all done with programming. A stock RXV can be programmed to reach 26 to 27 MPH on straightaways, and will climb hills much faster that a stock TXT, even without programming.
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO