lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-30-2018, 11:29 PM   #11
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: RXV vs TXT

Quote:
Originally Posted by msmith379 View Post
Thanks. It’s pretty flat here a few hills, but nothing steep. Almost all driving will be on pavement. I’m going to drive both and price it out. It’s probably going to have to be a big difference in price to get me to choose the RXV. If my old cart was newer I would probably care more about performance but my old cart was a junker so anything is going to be vast improvement and I really like the s4 body. Do you think a txt with s4 body will hold value better or normal RXV?
Where I am no. Golf cart values seem to be local. My area may not be typical.
Club Car holds value better where I am-----a little.
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-31-2018, 03:05 AM   #12
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

I have taken a stock Rxv, and put dirt tires on it (dirt tires just short of "paddle tires"), smaller tires, no lift kit, and taken it places no stock golf cart should ever see. I was blown away by what it could do with just a little programmer tweaking. If only AC yamahas carts came with a Posi....., And had so much "tunability"... A stock Rxv can blow my lifted gas Yamaha out of the water. As far as electrics go, I love a Alltrax controller, but a stock Curtis RXV is a tough one to beat. I built a 800a Series drive type YDRE for serious hotrodding, it would pull front wheels off the ground, and it barely beat a 350a upgrade Rxv that I built for hotrodding. (That was a drag race, not desert performance, the Rxv would have easily won that) and if I knew what I do now, the Rxv probably would have won the drag race too. I did tricky programmer mods to the 350a Rxv too. I actually was torn on which I wanted to win, we switched drivers to be sure of equal ground, I knew the series setup was inferior to AC (but 800a brute force). Imagine having a 800a system with a 350a setup right at your fender......
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 03:27 AM   #13
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Only one caveat, there is nothing more disappointing than putting a "hotrod tune" on a RXV, and having the results do nothing fun, because the batteries are garbage. That's a major buzzkill. A crappy old set of old 12v batteries kills all the fun just as fast as your thoughts of being impressed. Every time I did this to a old off-lease course cart, I am always bummed. Nothing cool happens.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 07:37 AM   #14
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
Imagine having a 800a system with a 350a setup right at your fender......
But 350 amps is three phase. 350 times the square root of three = 606, which isn't quite as embarrassing for the poor single phase setup.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO