lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-01-2011, 04:08 PM   #1
turkeyshooter
Getting Wild

Question Something got wet!

Well I had some old mud underneath and after all the additions got the pressure washer out and attempted to clean only the frame underneath the cart and something got wet that made it not want to go. It finally did, but real slow. So I have been attempting to dry it out for now and taking the air hose to any electrical looking parts. Is there anything that would come to mind right off the bat that would make it slow down like that if it were to get wet. At first right after I washed it, it did not want to move at all. Then slowly it moved into the shop. Any ideas?
Here are a few pics of the cart so far. I plan on a back seat and front brush guard with winch and storage rack on front like the one on the beast48, but got to solve this water issue as she will get wet from time to time in my woods.
turkeyshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-01-2011, 05:40 PM   #2
Russ/TN
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Something got wet!

Throttle box under floor mat?
Russ/TN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 07:28 PM   #3
turkeyshooter
Getting Wild

Question Re: Something got wet!

Very likely that could have gotten wet. Do I need to take that cover off and dry/clean her out? She is back working, but I am not sure I am getting the speed I should be. Where can I check the voltage I am getting when at full throttle? By the way the reverse F/R switch got pretty wet.
Old 03-01-2011, 07:42 PM   #4
turkeyshooter
Getting Wild

Here are some pics I took today and the last couple of pics are for ScottyB showing the wires coming from the ProTech C on-board charger.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg hpim1928.jpg (192.3 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg hpim1929.jpg (109.7 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg hpim1932.jpg (158.6 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg hpim1936.jpg (70.4 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg hpim1938.jpg (135.2 KB, 23 views)
Old 03-01-2011, 08:59 PM   #5
fishb8
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Turkeyshooter,
I have a question about the wires from the charger. What are the 3 wires for(the ones in your hand in the picture)? My small mind can't figure it out.
fishb8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 09:14 PM   #6
turkeyshooter
Getting Wild

I can't either! I am pretty sure the two larger wires go to the positive & neg terminals on the battery. Just not sure what to do with the other 3. They are coming from the ProTech C On Board Charger that I want to hook up next. Here is the link to the charger.
http://www.onboardsolutions.biz/prod...gers/protech-c
Old 03-01-2011, 09:18 PM   #7
fishb8
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

We are in the same boat. I am trying to install the ProTech 48v. (it came with the 36v book). I have no idea what to do with those wires either. I sent pictures to Scottyb, I hope he knows.
The last step in my conversion and these 3 wires have me stumped
fishb8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 09:19 PM   #8
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

IN picture #4 the red wire is positive and the black wire is negative. That is all you need for charging. The other harness is so you can wire a disable interlock if desired per the diagrams and instructions that are in the booklet. You don't need it, in my opinion it is easier to remove the key when charging.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 09:27 PM   #9
turkeyshooter
Getting Wild

Thanks for the info Scottyb, and do you think programming the controller will get me more speed, or do you think its possible I am not getting maximum voltage when I have the pedal all the way down. Or how can I tell how fast this cart is going. Does someone sell a speedometer kit for it? It might be I am going as fast as I am going to go until I upgrade to Plum Quick.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO