lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-14-2011, 01:51 AM   #1
z_kyzar
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Fuse Block

Found this today. Looks cool and says its sealed. Let me know if you see any problems with it before I buy it,,,lol thanks.http://http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ATO-ATC-12-Circuit-Fuse-Block-Cover-Ground-Bus-/270732779497?pt=Boat_Parts_Accessories_Gear&hash=i tem3f08ee5fe9
z_kyzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-14-2011, 01:54 AM   #2
z_kyzar
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Fuse Block

Sorry link doesnt work try this one.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ATO-A...item3f08ee5fe9
Old 04-14-2011, 07:23 AM   #3
sonicj
Gone Wild

Club Car

looks very nice! Blue Sea Systems is the manufacturer if you want more info on the item.
-sj
sonicj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 12:42 PM   #4
z_kyzar
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Yeah. I have electrical exp. and I know how I want to do everything. I want to use relays to keep from trashing swtiches on the heavier circuits. But I dont know where Im going to put everything on this cart. Would like to keep it close to the batts but there is just hardly no room.
Old 04-14-2011, 04:20 PM   #5
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

I managed to fit this next to my batteries on the opposite side as my controller. I've heard of some folks mounting their charger there, so there's plenty of room. The box has a hinged lid that seals pretty tightly, so no dust of water gets in.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/membe...use-block.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by z_kyzar View Post
Yeah. I have electrical exp. and I know how I want to do everything. I want to use relays to keep from trashing swtiches on the heavier circuits. But I dont know where Im going to put everything on this cart. Would like to keep it close to the batts but there is just hardly no room.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 12:45 AM   #6
z_kyzar
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by yurtle View Post
I managed to fit this next to my batteries on the opposite side as my controller. I've heard of some folks mounting their charger there, so there's plenty of room. The box has a hinged lid that seals pretty tightly, so no dust of water gets in.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/membe...use-block.html
I have a 12v battery there for my accessories so thats what is taking up most of that room. I looked at it some more to day and I can move the battery closer to the charge port and get a little extra room. Wouldnt mind mounting it behind dash but dred the thought of drilling out rivets to replace a fuse. Guess I could make a hindged access. Thanks for the pic.
Old 04-15-2011, 02:17 AM   #7
sonicj
Gone Wild

Club Car

do you really need a fuse box?

i use this junction box with a inline fuse for my lights and 12V distribution. link

right now, im only fused at the battery. i suppose i should fuse everything separately, but since ground is lifted from the cart chassis i haven't really been too concerned about a dead short. anywho, there is enough room inside or out for more in-line fuses!
-sj
Attached Images
File Type: jpg junction_box1.jpg (58.7 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg junction_box2.jpg (46.8 KB, 23 views)
sonicj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 02:36 AM   #8
z_kyzar
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicj View Post
do you really need a fuse box?

i use this junction box with a inline fuse for my lights and 12V distribution. link

right now, im only fused at the battery. i suppose i should fuse everything separately, but since ground is lifted from the cart chassis i haven't really been too concerned about a dead short. anywho, there is enough room inside or out for more in-line fuses!
-sj
Your right. Im just picky. I work at a dealership and have a tendency/bad habbit of liking oem looking stuff i guess. NOTE I do not work at a golf cart dealership, else I would be broke by now lol
Old 04-15-2011, 02:39 AM   #9
z_kyzar
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Sonic... I just zoomed in on your pics and noticed that you have relays in it. At first I was just thinking you hade a junction box. Most relays I have delt with are rated for 30amp. Im sure they go over that a little before they crash and burn but a dead short will go over that before it burns your wiring too bad. So in a way yours are fuse protected.
Old 04-15-2011, 09:07 AM   #10
todo_brane_ded
.....He, not ME

E-Z-GO

I have only four fuses in my cart, one of which came with the light harness for the H/L's.

The other three, 15A each are used for accessories; one is dedicated the the AUX 12 V Power Outlet on the dash and one is used for the under seat locking solenoids, and the other is used for everything else.....

Everything else is: RADIO, which BTW has its own inline fuse (2 amps max), SOC Meters (two each 120ma total) a couple of LED's and a few relays (150ma each times 5 is 3/4 amp).

I guess I could throw in an "A-ooga" horn and compressor (another couple amps) but really, how many fuses are necessary in a Golf Cart?

We don't have all the accessories that are used in an automobile such as WWipers, RW Defroster, Blowers, Pwr Seats, Pwr Antenna, Pwr Windows, Locks, etc.....

Lastly, I can't recall the last time I had to replace a fuse in any of my cars, for any reason so IMO it's such a rarity and so IMO the placement of the fuses are a non-issue to me.....mine are closest to the Aux Battery under the seat (opposite the controller)....

JMO
todo_brane_ded is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
12v accessory, fuse holder
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO