lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-14-2012, 07:34 PM   #11
Melonbuster
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Performance Questions

Not saying it is the cause of your problem but to properly seat your bearings you need to tighten them real tight then back the nut off to finger tight. If the cotter pin doesn't line up go in the tighten direction until it does.
Melonbuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-14-2012, 09:57 PM   #12
txbonds
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonbuster View Post
Not saying it is the cause of your problem but to properly seat your bearings you need to tighten them real tight then back the nut off to finger tight. If the cotter pin doesn't line up go in the tighten direction until it does.
That's actually what I did which is why I questioned it earlier. Thanks.
txbonds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 06:50 PM   #13
lgbarne
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobogez42 View Post
Battery voltage is what it should be and consistent to the 1/10 volt across the pack.
Tire inflation is as suggested on the street tires. The weight difference in the 4 vs. 6 batteries is a total of 204 pounds. The marine batteries in the cart only weighed 45 pounds each while the Trojans weigh 64.

As far as the 3" lift goes... I have noticed the cart drifting some from side to side when at high speeds. Any ideas on this. I thought I may have left the front axle nuts too loose, although I thought I tightened finger tight and then backed off until I had a slot for the cotter pin.
Hmm... This drifting thing. Since you put on a new lift, make sure the front tires are properly aligned. This may be causing loss of speed. If you are unsure, there are postings here that tell you how to do it. That is what I had to do.
lgbarne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 04:12 PM   #14
nobogez42
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgbarne View Post
Hmm... This drifting thing. Since you put on a new lift, make sure the front tires are properly aligned. This may be causing loss of speed. If you are unsure, there are postings here that tell you how to do it. That is what I had to do.
I aligned them when I got the lift installed per the posts I found on here.

I re-set the spindle nuts according to according to how melonbuster suggested and it seems to have helped some. Haven't had a chance to do a good road test.
nobogez42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 04:17 PM   #15
nobogez42
Gone Wild
Club Car

If I upgrade the cables what all should I replace? I know all of the battery cables. What about cables to the controller and solenoid? If I plan on upgrading the controller in the future what else should I change? F/R switch?
Old 05-28-2013, 09:12 AM   #16
nobogez42
Gone Wild
Club Car

Update to this thread...

Upgraded to 2 ga cables... Speeds did not seem to change that much at my house. Took cart to beach and it is running 25-26 mph on flat roads. Run times and torque are good. I think it was the lack of flat roads at my house or the batteries were not broken in good yet or the cart was just excited to be at the beach (like me) or all of the above. Very pleased with the cart right now.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car