lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-17-2013, 12:08 PM   #11
corycartman
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 1980 Club Car quit moving

Also if I have the cart in forward or reverse I can still push it as if it were in neutral. Is this normal? Or is it stuck in neutral or something?
corycartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-17-2013, 01:35 PM   #12
corycartman
Not Yet Wild

I now have the full story of what happened. My mom and my son were going for a ride and she had it in forward and my 2 yr old pressed the gas and they were about to slam into the wall so my mom hammered the brakes therefore the brakes and the gas were being applied at the same time and the cart never worked again after that. Could this be the cause of my problem? I just want to fix this so I'm trying to give as much info as I can thanks in advance
Old 05-17-2013, 02:17 PM   #13
gregm227
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

This is exactly what's happened to mine this morning...I'm waiting for scottyb's instructions too. Thanks for the thread it's helped so far. I'm going out to check my f/r wire connections again. they seemed good but I'm sure they're original and might need upgraded. thanks again guys.
gregm227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 02:21 PM   #14
corycartman
Not Yet Wild

Well gregm227 if you figure it out let me know and I will do the same
Old 05-17-2013, 02:30 PM   #15
robertbritt
Not Yet Wild

I have a similar situation with an 81 DS. I'm new to fooling with Club Cars and am scratching my head...on the F/R switch, should the cable on the forward post be snug or loose to slide when rocked? The cart will sporratically have power and run, what puzzles me though is that there is voltage present on all solenoids even if the cart won't engage into gear. Any thoughts or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
robertbritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 11:25 AM   #16
corycartman
Not Yet Wild

Any one?
Old 05-18-2013, 12:16 PM   #17
gregm227
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Cool Re: 1980 Club Car quit moving

check out my thread "help with f/r unit" posted yesterday...at least i know what my micro switch is now and i think it tests good...going down to garage now to play with it some more...if i figure anything out i'll let you know.i kinda think this is our problem. check your wire connections to that good.
Old 05-20-2013, 01:04 PM   #18
gregm227
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

got mine running...bad wire, so i replaced it. crash test dummy helped alot and sent over some good pics and tests. check out my thread i listed above, it might help....good luck
Old 05-27-2013, 11:26 PM   #19
corycartman
Not Yet Wild

Ok so I pulled the motor out and with no wires hooked up I checked continuity between the A1 and A2 terminals and it had continuity. Then I checked the S1 and S2 terminals and there is no reading. Is this likely my problem? Is the motor bad?
Old 05-28-2013, 08:09 AM   #20
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

You should have continuity between S1 and S2. Likely you won't find a replacement motor for 1980 so you will need to send your motor for a rebuild
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car