lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-17-2013, 09:12 AM   #1
Dgh8863801
Not Yet Wild

Default DS front end bushings needed

Hi i am brand new here. I have a club car DS and the horizontal leafs just started rubbing the inside of the wheels (front end). I looked at it and it appears that the bushings have decintigrated. Again this is where the lower leaf comes out to the wheel. Any input would be appreciated, i need to know where i might get the bushing set, and any tips on installation would be appreciated.
Dgh8863801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-17-2013, 09:51 AM   #2
Dgh8863801
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: DS front end bushings needed

I figured some of you guys might have your take off parts after your lift kits were installed.
Old 06-17-2013, 10:31 AM   #3
Golfdog
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dgh8863801 View Post
Hi i am brand new here. I have a club car DS and the horizontal leafs just started rubbing the inside of the wheels (front end). I looked at it and it appears that the bushings have decintigrated. Again this is where the lower leaf comes out to the wheel. Any input would be appreciated, i need to know where i might get the bushing set, and any tips on installation would be appreciated.
You shud be able to get the bushings from any Club Car Agent, have a look at the sponsors, part # 1015583 Bushing Urethane. You need 4
Golfdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 05:54 PM   #4
Dgh8863801
Not Yet Wild

does anyone know the dimensions of these bushings? i work in a machine shop. the nearest set is 100 miles from me, i really wanted my cart fixed in less than 3 days...lol. without measuring i am estimating they are about 3/8 x 3/4 x 3/4.... i am about to break the parts down, but i doubt if there is anything left of the old bushing to measure.....thanks, you guys are really great...i hope to be a regular on the forum in the future.
Old 06-17-2013, 06:40 PM   #5
jdunmyer
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

I got bushings for my 1979 from these guys: http://www.golfcarcatalog.com/ Took a few days, as they're in California (I think) and I'm in the midwest. Have dealt with them before and was satisfied.

FWIW: Getting the old bushings out can be trouble, and getting the metal bushing out of the rubber can be worse yet. I used a 1/2" drill and drill motor to remove the metal bushing, then a much larger drill with a turned-down shank to remove the rubber bushing if it was necessary. Others probably have better methods, but that's what worked for me.
jdunmyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 08:18 PM   #6
Kudaman
Gone Wild

Club Car

An air hammer usually works best. If you take the spring out bring the spring and hardware to your local spring shop. They will likely have what you need in stock.
Kudaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 08:49 PM   #7
Bill
Getting Wild

If You do end up ordering these, save Yourself some aggravation and order the metal sleeves that go inside the bushings. More than likely the originals will be rusted and swelled up.
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 07:08 AM   #8
jdunmyer
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

Bill,
I ordered "kits" that included 2 half-bushings and the metal bushing. Used some dish soap to lube things when getting it back together in the yoke. IIRC, the kits were about $5.00/each.

Kudaman,
I didn't have a lot of luck with the air hammer. A couple of the bushings came apart fairly easily, but a couple did not. Fortunately, I have a pretty complete shop with a LOT of tool choices, and the drills worked well, driven by a 1/2" air drill motor.
jdunmyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 02:48 PM   #9
Kudaman
Gone Wild

Club Car

The end result is the same! What ever works!
Kudaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 08:58 PM   #10
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

Dad used these on a 99',not sure what years interchange.
Grainger # 12r685 flanged
12r756 no flange
both 7/8x3/4 little less than 1" tall
pachanga90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car