lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-14-2013, 09:14 AM   #11
crash test dummy

Default Re: 95 Club Car DS not charging

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollywood23113 View Post
OK, I tried that, no good. Something is really wrong here. I know when you hook the battery back up they are going to arc a little, but this "pop" and spark was extreme. .
CHECK WIRES SHOULD NOT BE BIG SPARK
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-14-2013, 11:42 AM   #12
hollywood23113
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

I have checked them, all the cable are right.
hollywood23113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 12:18 PM   #13
crash test dummy

ok lets check the ocb

Troubleshooting/Testing (DO AT YOUR OWN RISK.…do not attempt unless you are familiar with electricity and electronics!)
There are two ways to force the charger to turn on regardless of the OBC.

The first method is to disconnect the cart’s gray wire at the fuse near the charger receptacle. Then using a jumper wire, connect the receptacle side of the fused connector to the cart’s negative battery terminal. This will energize the charger’s 48V relay. If the charger doesn’t come on, it could be bad connections, wiring or charger relay.

The second method is to open the charger and remove the 120V wires from the relay and jump these together. This totally bypasses the relay and the OBC wire.
(If charger comes on but the charger ammeter shows 0 amps, check the fuse at the charging receptacle under the clear plastic cover.)

Both of these methods should both be temporary measures for troubleshooting, or as an emergency method of charging the batteries when they have been discharged so far that the OBC will not charge them.

The OBC provides the optimum method of charging the cart’s batteries. If the OBC is bad, it should be replaced.
Old 07-15-2013, 01:06 PM   #14
hollywood23113
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

yea im not trying that, its over my head. I am going to my friends cart shop today to replace the motor, and maybe for some reason that is some of the problem. We will work on it then LOL
hollywood23113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 02:14 PM   #15
crash test dummy

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car