lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-16-2014, 12:10 PM   #11
Foy boy
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: RXV Ultimate Hunting Buggy

Awesome buggy. I have the same year and plan on installing the 4WD next spring. I want to take it into the woods and am looking at all kinds of tires. I do have a question. I plan on installing lift kit next, but worry about it rolling over easier. my kids drive it a lot in our yard which is very hilly and I never worry about it rolling now as stock. What are your thoughts?
Foy boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-16-2014, 06:26 PM   #12
DaveTM
Gone Wild

That's pretty cool!! Nice rebuild. But....one question??? How do you stop it???
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 07:59 PM   #13
Tra
Not Yet Wild

Fly Boy - As with any vehicle the higher the suspension and center of gravity the higher the likelihood of a roll over. I would not recommend the setup I built for kids. You know your kids, use your judgement of what they can handle and build a cart that works for all of you.

DaveTM - I am running the factory RXV motor brake system without issue.
Tra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 07:01 AM   #14
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Interesting pics!! Thanks for posting. Those front WD are pretty neat looking, but where I hunt, with the hills and mountains, (I have a TXT) front brakes are a must have. I don't have a motor re-gen and when I first got my cart, trying to stop on a steep down hill was more thrilling than I cared for!!!

BTW, you seem like your either good at fabricating, or have access to someone who is. I was going to suggest that you look at Grizzly Metal Works http://grizzlymetalworks.com for a roll cage because of your kids, but I did look and they don't make a roll cage for the RXV. But you could peek at what they do and perhaps get some ideas as to what you may want to do to your RXV.

I have a Grizzly on my TXT. Now, I figure should something bad like a roll over happen, the cage may get permanently bent up and damaged, but I won't. I can always get another cage.

FWIW

Dave
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 10:47 AM   #15
Foy boy
Not Yet Wild

I think just a standard 6" lift from jakes will be alright. I know my daredevil kids alright?! more worry about my daughter. She loves speed no matter if its a car, a horse, or cart lol she's only nine!
Old 09-17-2014, 10:50 AM   #16
Foy boy
Not Yet Wild

I forgot to ask about 4WD do you like it, and does it wear down the batteries any faster? this is all new to me so I want to try and do it right the first time, but will change things up if not happy.
Old 09-17-2014, 09:55 PM   #17
Tra
Not Yet Wild

SilverWolf claims the front wheel drive kit is more efficient and is negligible to energy consumption. I have not noticed any difference in travel difference with the system in "Run" but there is a significant performance difference. If cost is no issue (it's not cheap) and you are mechanically inclined I would highly recommend their system. Let me say I have only experienced, installed and operated the SilverWolf on the RXV and modified it at that.

I will be running the cart in a significantly rocky terrain this weekend and will post results and pictures after preparing for deer hunting season.
Tra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 01:48 PM   #18
Foy boy
Not Yet Wild

ok have fun be safe. my local buggy guy wants me to get it so he can use my buggy for promo, I see some discount in price!
Old 02-25-2016, 04:55 PM   #19
brettontsmith
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Tra- how did you compensate for the extra track width of the front wheels bolted to the motors? It appears you have the same 12" wheels that I do. I've heard from some Silverwolf 4x4 installers they either added spacers to the rear hubs to get the track width wider on all 4 corners or they flipped the front wheels around to end up with a positive offset on the front and standard negative offset out back.
brettontsmith is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
4 wheel drive, lift kit, rxv, silver wolf
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO